Digi camera gone ga-ga...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
My digital camera -Samsung S760 seems to have cracked up. Every close up is blurred...any suggestions please??

do you have it set to the macro setting?

normally if it is blurry you holding the camera too close to the subject and the camera can't cope with going any closer, and/or the camera is moving when you press the shutter button causing it to blur.

or the lense is steamed up ;)

I wondered about the macro - but it was def. off - it was in focus until I got within 1.5-2 ft and then blur city! See sample!

Taff was telling you that for close distances you actually need the macro ON.

Perhaps it's something to do with the weather today . . . :)

Before you start zoomed out first and give the camera time to adjust itself and stay focused as you very slowly zoom in again.

Macro mode on our camera is about 2.5 feet any closer and it won't focus, but the pictures we get are 3000 x 2300 ish in size and using paint.net I can select the part of the picture I want and enlarge it (within reason) without any loss in quality.

Taff was telling you that for close distances you actually need the macro ON.

spot on.

I'd guess that at 18 inches you are too close for the camera to cope with, hence it can't focus properly. compact camera's can only cope with so much as they have a comparatively small sensor, maybe as small as a couple of mm square.

My digital camera -Samsung S760 seems to have cracked up. Every close up is blurred...any suggestions please??

The standard 'male' approach to this problem is to immediately grab the opportunity as justification for a new camera! If you are after a nice compact with good macro, adequate zoom range and some HD video I would suggest a Lumix TZ10.

:sifone:

I must admit I would rush out and buy one but my other half won't let me!!!! He says ours is fine and even if close up isn't working, who needs it anyway??? Boo hiss...attached photo with macro...

Last edited:
OK - in the above picture - do you see how white the top right corner is? Well every time I put the macro on it 'whites out' the picture. Why is this, and is there anything I can do about it?

OK - in the above picture - do you see how white the top right corner is? Well every time I put the macro on it 'whites out' the picture. Why is this, and is there anything I can do about it?

not sure why it's doing that to be honest.

experiment a little bit, try using the sports setting, that should give a faster shutter time and (hopefully) freeze the bee's motion a bit better

OK- I'll try and work out where/how to find the sports setting!! Isn't technology grand? At school (many moons ago) photography was mt favourite lesson - now I only know how to turn the thing on!!

could it be that the flash is firing and "overflashing"? - My suggestion would be to switch the macro mode on, switch the flash off, and if possible use a tripod
(then if the camera uses a shutter speed too slow for you to be able to hold steady, it'll still be sharp.........)
I looked up the camera, and it should be entirely adequate for most uses - no real reason to change it unless it's knackered - often some the newer 12mp cameras give inferior results to the earlier 6 or 7mp ones.......

The flash was off Brosville, maybe I'll invest in a tripod - must admit never had one for a digital...

Latest posts

Back