Different problems in different countries

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
badgers will do as much damage as bears to a hive.

badgers will do as much damage as bears to a hive.

Oh really....

IMG_0027_zps2t8k4pjv.jpg

ok fair point. but had 5 hives trashed in one night by them

Recently, I have found that termites, found in the deep SW, have been attacking, of all things, my poly hives. Do you think that we will get government payouts to cover that? As there is a general election, perhaps we should press for it to be a manifesto issue.

In Finland bears broke 70 beekeepers' hives 2014.
Bears learn to brake electrict fences.

'':icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:''

Not really a laughing matter, IMO.

I agree with RAB, saw similar, but not as bad, damage in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Beek was devastated, Bears are a problem throughout the Northern hemisphere where bee keeping is undertaken.

Most of the frames are still in the boxes. Looks to me as if the bear got a bit pissed that there wasnt any honey there and threw a tantrum.

Most of the frames are still in the boxes. Looks to me as if the bear got a bit pissed that there wasnt any honey there and threw a tantrum.

more likely got stung on a sensitive spot... and then the rest follows

Recently, I have found that termites, found in the deep SW, have been attacking, of all things, my poly hives. Do you think that we will get government payouts to cover that? As there is a general election, perhaps we should press for it to be a manifesto issue.

I thought the only termite infestation in the UK was in Devon and thousands spent getting rid of them?

Must have been abear with a conscience. Note that nothing is actually broken.

Just took the bare essentials.

Latest posts

Back