Different age queen cells

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
-

A queen cells which are killed By another queen. Hive has a virgin at home.

2462023_orig.jpg

Last edited:
The right cellsis near to emerge. workers have thinned the tip. It is dark and queen may emerge in 24 hours.

Left one is light color and it takes over 2 of days to emerge. It has perhaps larva inside.

SwarmCells.jpg

If the dark tip has a tiny hole, swarm cell has ready queen which can fly. That virgin is waiting that swarm leaves.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The right cellsis near to emerge. workers have thinned the tip. It is dark and queen may emerge in 24 hours.

Left one is light color and it takes over 2 of days to emerge. It has perhaps larva inside.

If the dark tip has a tiny hole, swarm cell has ready queen which can fly

Well, I didn't know that. Really interesting. Thank you

Thanks finny. Really interesting.

Next lesson please?

Obee

Yes, thanks very much, the photos and comments are really interesting.

Spent ages watching all the video and looking at the photos...thanks Pargyle.

But perhaps you should give some credit to the person who took the photos in the first place ?

No. I thank you.

I do not keep those photos incredible because I have seen them alive every year in my hives.

Last edited:
credit where credit is due some class veido on that site. still nice that finn put them on here

Yes ... really good quality ... I thought I recognised Finnie's original photo as it's a web site that I've come across in the past .. USA beekeeping but the bee photos and videos are very nicely done.

However, it's always nice to get a link back to the original site when a non-original photo is posted as there's often much more to see ... as in this case.

Oh ... and I forgot to say ... He's a TREATMENT FREE beekeeper ... so quite a compliment that Finman should be using his photos !

http://www.acbees.org/blog/treatment-free-bees#comments

Last edited:
Great thanks for your intellectual poking.

. Managent free hives. Yes. Africanized bees are robbing waste heap.

Latest posts

Back