Did I just invent this? Easy propolis removal...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot water ,washing soda crystals , then soak for a couple of hours, after all the product needs time to break down the propolis and heat accelerates chemical reactions :)
VM

Thanks VM - sometimes it's that extra little nugget of information that makes all the difference - I'd not been leaving things to soak for long enough :rolleyes:
Now I'll have to wait until after the next inspection to try it out :D

I'm sorry but am i missing something or is everyone on this thread incredibly unaware of the extreme benefits of propolis? Never waste it!!!!! It's in Egyptian magic lotion, it's incredible for our immune systems and for beauty products and as tinctures. Good for the bees too. I'm hoping this is just about removing sticky residue and not the actual propolis itself!

I'm sorry but am i missing something or is everyone on this thread incredibly unaware of the extreme benefits of propolis? Never waste it!!!!! It's in Egyptian magic lotion, it's incredible for our immune systems and for beauty products and as tinctures. Good for the bees too. I'm hoping this is just about removing sticky residue and not the actual propolis itself!
Someone's been looking back over old (2012) threads 😎.a few names from the past in there.

Someone's been looking back over old (2012) threads 😎.a few names from the past in there.
There's a lifetime of interesting reading in the annals of this forum... I often browse back when I'm looking for something on here.... there are a few names from the past...fondly remembered...

There are a few people I know who are using propolis mouthwash while they are receiving head and neck radiotherapy. One chap had 60Gy over six weeks and no ulceration. Unheard of! More people are trying it.

There's a lifetime of interesting reading in the annals of this forum... I often browse back when I'm looking for something on here.... there are a few names from the past...fondly remembered...
Yes spot on. There is some good stuff in the archives

There are a few people I know who are using propolis mouthwash while they are receiving head and neck radiotherapy. One chap had 60Gy over six weeks and no ulceration. Unheard of! More people are trying it.
Not that I doubt the power of propolis as an Egyptian magic potion (ok ok so I do, I believe in science, so sue me), but 60Gy will kill *anyone* stone dead. The LD99 (i.e. will kill 99% of people exposed to it) is 8Gy.

Not that I doubt the power of propolis as an Egyptian magic potion (ok ok so I do, I believe in science, so sue me), but 60Gy will kill *anyone* stone dead. The LD99 (i.e. will kill 99% of people exposed to it) is 8Gy.
Think again. I’m talking about radiotherapy and the therapeutic dose for Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy is between 60 and 73 Gy. Google if you don’t believe me.

Latest posts

Back