Dicklebees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
Does anyone here go to the Dicklebees group? Is it recommended?

As it's not far from me I thought I might pop in next Monday. ( Meeting at Dickleburgh Scout hut 7 p.m. 10.10.)

Cazza

Depends on what you are looking for. This is a new group set up earlier this year to provide help, support and advice to those new to bee keeping (like me) and a general place to chat once a month. We have a couple of experienced bee keepers and the rest of us are quite new. We are still at the stage or working out subs (yearly and monthly) as well as insurance and it is still disorganised. We are however, always pleased to see new faces.

So, come along with an open mind and see if you like us.

Mick

Hi Mick

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think I wouldn't get one.

I like the idea of disorganised and not monopolised by the BBKA.

Hope to see you on Monday.

Cazza

Cazza,

Great, see you then.

Mick

Toddled off to Dicklebees yesterday and had a great time.

This group is non cliquey and very welcoming. If you live nearby it's worth a look.
Next meeting is 14th November 7 p.m.

Cazza

When's the next Dicklebees meeting?

Hi all, anyone know when the next Dicklebees meeting is? I'd like to go but not sure when it is.
Thanks!

Google Dicklebee and you get this:-
The shorter version/abbreviation of the word dicklebee. Referring to an MRO (male reproductive organ). It could also be the coming together of two people, boy and girl. Both freaks of nature....

I think I'm on the wrong forum again.

Arghhhh!!

Thanks Muswell, I can't reply to your PM cos I haven't posted enough yet, but thanks for the number.
Cheeriho
PS Hurrah for Madget's cycles!

The shorter version/abbreviation of the word dicklebee. Referring to an MRO (male reproductive organ). It could also be the coming together of two people, boy and girl. Both freaks of nature....

Arghhhh!!

Now you've let the cat out of the bag!!!!. I googled this too and saw the same definition. I haven't said anything to the rest of the group as I'm sure they don't know - or maybe they do......

Unfortunate choice of name aside - the group is quite lovely and very uncliquey. The meetings are generally on the 2nd Monday of the month so the next one is on the 13th Feb at 7 p.m. in Dickleburgh sea scouts palatial hut.

Cazza _ proud to be a Dicklebee!!!!!!

Arghhhh!!

It gets worse...this group advertises in the local churches' magazine. Title: Cock Crow.

If the group is intending to attract a younger audience then is it too late to change the name to say Dickleburghbees? Just sayin'...

Now you've let the cat out of the bag!!!!. I googled this too and saw the same definition. I haven't said anything to the rest of the group as I'm sure they don't know - or maybe they do......

Unfortunate choice of name aside - the group is quite lovely and very uncliquey. The meetings are generally on the 2nd Monday of the month so the next one is on the 13th Feb at 7 p.m. in Dickleburgh sea scouts palatial hut.

Cazza _ proud to be a Dicklebee!!!!!!

Of course you don't know what happens when you leave and the Scout Master comes along!

Hi Cazza, thanks for you message about the Feb Dicklebees meeting - shame I only just picked it up, oops! When is the next meeting? I did try ringing Karin but couldn't get through, so I reckon just turning up on the night would be the best plan.
Thanks for you help and I shall check my messages more diligently in future!
(Can't message you back cos I'm not allowed yet..)

Hi Flo
Meetings are usually 2nd Monday of the month at 7p.m. in the Sea Scout Hut so I reckon that's the 12th of March.
You will be very welcome.
By the way, the members were asked at the last meeting if they wanted to change the name due to the slang dictionary meaning of Dicklebee referred to in earlier posts. Everyone found the willy reference more amusing than anything else so Dicklebees it is!
Cazza

Thanks for the info Cazza, will try to remember to turn up! I'm SOOO glad that the name's not changing - it's just fab!
Where are you from Cazza? I just moved to East Harling and don't know which 'official' group to join (for BDI etc)- used to be with West Norfolk. Are you with a conventionally-named club too or just the dicklebees?

Hi, I live in Kenninghall, and Id really like to get to know some local "like minded" beekeepers - I presume the next Dickelbees meeting will be on 12 August (2013) at 7pm?
Bluejane.

Hi, I live in Kenninghall, and Id really like to get to know some local "like minded" beekeepers - I presume the next Dickelbees meeting will be on 12 August (2013) at 7pm?
Bluejane.

Meetings are always the second Monday in the month at 7 pm in the Scout Hall, hopefully see you on 12th. Think there is a talk on Neonicotonoids.

Latest posts

Back