Diameter of a honey bucket?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatshark

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've just been offered a fantastic insulated/jacketed container to make a honey warmer. However, I'm at work and need to give a rapid answer.

What is the diameter of a 30lb honey bucket? A simple question, but not one I've been able to answer from the on-line Thornes's catalogue. We all know they're about 'so' big, but I need a figure in centimeters to know whether this container would be suitable.

With thanks
David

They are tapered, mine are 246mm dia at the bottom, 273mm at the top and the height of the sides is 192mm to the bottom of the lip although at two points where the "handles" are it is 173mm high. The gap under the handles is 6mm. The outside dimension at the handles is 300mm.

I have recently bought a Thorne's "40kg honey bucket with valve"

Bottom diameter (excl valve) 31.0cm
Top diameter (excl Valve) 37.5cm
Height including lid 42.5cm

40kg = 88lbs so divide the above measurements by 3 and you will be close. Hope this helps.
Mike

Going off into maths mode you should divide the above sizes by the cube root of 3, the result is probably not the right shape, but it will be one third the volume.

PS: I'm not showing off but it was an interesting problem and had me doodling on my pad - amazing how the algebra comes back after a nice cup of tea and a bit of the wife's cake.

Last edited:
PS: I'm not showing off but it was an interesting problem and had me doodling on my pad - amazing how the algebra comes back after a nice cup of tea and a bit of the wife's cake.

You should have had a pie ( Pi):)

PS: I'm not showing off but it was an interesting problem and had me doodling on my pad - amazing how the algebra comes back after a nice cup of tea and a bit of the wife's cake.[/QUOTE]

it's logerithm's that used to repeat on me

Latest posts

Back