Desperately in need of your help.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to help but I have only had my girls since about April this year. I hope you get enough information from the others here.

Sorry to say but you have issues with this.

I do not have Word and it did not load correctly under Open office.

There has never been to my knowledge a case of so called CCD in the UK or Europe for that matter.

How this would work with Mac needs thought too.

Good luck

PH

All done. Good luck with your project.

hi. Good luck with research. Sorry cannot help, also new starter this year.

Di

Am I being stupid :iamwithstupid:- does that question really ask 'how many bees worked with' - cannot mean in each hive- has already asked how many colonies -what is really being asked??

Poly Hive;71772 said:
Sorry to say but you have issues with this.

I do not have Word and it did not load correctly under Open office.

There has never been to my knowledge a case of so called CCD in the UK or Europe for that matter.

How this would work with Mac needs thought too....but did sort of open in OO

Good luck

PH

I'm with you PH. Not a lot of point completing this in its current format as it sadly shows no basic knowledge of beekeeping in the UK. CCD - none. Beetle - none. Winter numbers...relevance?

Doesn't work with Mac very well at all.

Charlotte....please do some relevant reading.

susbees;71870 said:
I'm with you PH. Not a lot of point completing this in its current format as it sadly shows no basic knowledge of beekeeping in the UK. CCD - none. Beetle - none. Winter numbers...relevance?

Give the girl a break, she was asking for help and advice on a project, and admits that her knowledge is thin. She now knows that CCD is not relevant yet in the UK.

Charlotte - sorry can't help, like others a new keeper this year.

I am giving her some help. Though as a vet student with access to the tinternet I really would have thought that CCD would have merited some research.

It helps of course if you filter Google by "UK" helps immensely in fact.

KISS?

PH

And here is more. The PDF doc will not allow changes to be made to it.

I have succeeded with the Word Pad version.

For those who are unaware this is an annual survey as it seems to be some sort of test given out by the vet school. And each year it contains glaring errors.

Just so you know.

PH

Brings back memories when I thought my research would change the world:cuss:

I will comlete the survey but as with all students their project is soooo very important!

Erichalfbee;71934 said:
Didn't do projects when I was at vet school. Did nothing about bees :eek:

Neither did I. Fish and bees were missing from the syllabus back then, and even chickens were somewhat glossed over.

susbees;71870 said:

Well all I can say is I am glad I am not Charlotte, First post and no welcome to her? next thing all she is getting is critisised! HELP is what she was asking for not a slating!

Maybe pm her with some of the info she needs to be looking at or advice of what to leave off rather than a public put down? Shouldnt we be helping her out after all if she has an interest then who knows what she will in later years develop!

Reminds me of when I mentioned several years ago to a local beek that I was interested in keeping bees, and Where should I start. . . . he gave me a book that was probably at least 30 years old and made no sense to me at all, totally scared me off for 6 years until i spotted a course being held locally.

I will have a look at questionaire and see if I can answer, but am only into my second year and know very little still

Charlotte was kind enough to ask me first if it would be ok to post.

I did warn here that she may get some flak with here request,but she was more than happy to take it on the chin and post.

Latest posts

Back