Depressed of Muswell Hill

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Did my usual 30 mile trip of my apiaries and tried to phone to tell my wife i would be late home

However I had no signal becasue of a large traffic jam caused by a fuel tanker crashing on the M25 at junction 21a and thousands of phones being used in the resultant 17 miles traffic jam

so as no phone signal and traffic bad i put the phone of the car roof,and kept tryng every few minutes and then wandered around a bit, Then suddenly the police opened the road, quickly i jumped in the car and drove onto the almost clear M25 to see as i accerated up to 70 (sic more like 90) my phone bouncing off the tailagate and under the on coming traffic,

so if any one wants an iphone there is one in lane 4 of the M25 about half a mile from junction 21a going West, but i think it might need repairing

aaahhhhh all my swarm photo, all my freinds Queen rearing photos for a GH exam and none backed up

Last edited:
Best thing that could happen to a mobile phone, hope it catches on.

Best thing that could happen to a mobile phone, hope it catches on.

Yea to that. Have one bought 15 years ago with a 20 quid sim card on which there is still some £14.50. Effing pains in the rectums.

Did my usual 30 mile trip of my apiaries and tried to phone to tell my wife i would be late home

However I had no signal becasue of a large traffic jam caused by a fuel tanker crashing on the M25 at junction 21a and thousands of phones being used in the resultant 17 miles traffic jam

so as no phone signal and traffic bad i put the phone of the car roof,and kept tryng every few minutes and then wandered around a bit, Then suddenly the police opened the road, quickly i jumped in the car and drove onto the almost clear M25 to see as i accerated up to 70 (sic more like 90) my phone bouncing off the tailagate and under the on coming traffic,

so if any one wants an iphone there is one in lane 4 of the M25 about half a mile from junction 21a going West, but i think it might need repairing

aaahhhhh all my swarm photo, all my freinds Queen rearing photos for a GH exam and none backed up

doesn't your iPhone backup to the Cloud Automatically!

ha ha ... Been there and done that .. I drove all the way from Sheffield to Leicester with the phone left on the roof of the car - remembered just before Leicester Forest Services and pulled in more in hope than anything else to find that the magnet in the cover of the flip case had stuck to the car roof and it was still there ... my life and contacts has flashed before me and that sinking feeling that there was no back up .... lesson learned ! I got lucky ... but I feel your pain !

Pros and cons of a mobile phone;
Cons;
does not stop ringing (must be a fault)
Dam nuisance when inspecting
Expensive to run
Cold callers
does everything except make a phone call
Takes bad quality photos and videos that only end up on you tube
Alway rings when you are driving
Pros;
Wakes me up for work at 4:30 for work
Keeps me in contact with good mates and family

You get some free. It tells you when you have little space left so then you have to buy space. You can turn some back ups off to save space.

Wot's an I phone?

could have been worse, could have been a lap top in a case that you hear slide off the roof when driving leaving a nice scratch on the roof from the zip, you turn around to see if you can salvage it only to see a wagon drive right over it!

have you tried to phone it?

or I suppose by now the battery will be flat.

A few years back I drive off with a large lever arch file on the roof. At the roundabout I saw a cloud of scattered paper in my rear view mirror as it fell off and burst open. I went back and gathered the paper that I could and stuffed it back in the now bent file. Turns out I didn't need those pages or what was left in the file to be in any particular order because nobody ever looked at it again. Not sure exactly what the lesson learnt was, but I didn't file so much after that.

More recently I drove a couple of miles with my phone on the roof. It had a silicone rubber bumper style cover, mostly to protect it i̶f̶ when it gets dropped. The rubber stopped it sliding around and it was still there at the other end, max 40 mph or so though. Well worth the couple of quid the cover cost.

does everything except make a phone call
Nowhere in the instructions for my phone does it mention how to make a phone call or how to store numbers etc.

or I suppose by now the battery will be flat.

Along with the screen........ :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

A friend of mine had a mattress strapped to the top of the car for a trip from Manchester to East London - it wasn't there on arrival but the departure had gone unnoticed.....!

And no that wasn't me ;)

Latest posts

Back