Dee Lusby's secret of resistant bees...DNA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
I tried to find out a DNA research about Lusby's bees, but I did not find. It is about 15 years when I last read about them. Lusby himself tells about small cells in google.

Dee Lusby kept bees in Arizona.

I can find lots of new articles from google, which tell that Arizona is an area of africanized bees. Quite many people are killed by bee swarms.

Africanized bees were not in the USA before year 1990.

Thanks for your links.
I have read quite much sbout Africanized bees during years.

It is well known what happens in scutellata x European bee crossing. Scutellata queens emerge 3 days earlier than European bees, and the result will be pure scutellatas. Scutellatas send small swarms to environment, which conqure other bees' nests.

Long time ago one beekeeper wrote on forum that scutellatas were conquered half of his 30 mating hives .

Last edited:
I tried to find out a DNA research about Lusby's bees, but I did not find. It is about 15 years when I last read about them. Lusby himself tells about small cells in google.

I only know of one report about her bees. A number of years ago, she sent queens to Michael Housel in Florida. Yes, that Housel. The colonies from these queens were extremely vicious. They were tested for Scutellata content by wing vein morphometrics. The Scut content was very high and the colonies were destroyed. If you've ever seen videos of her bees you will know...no morphometrics needed. I'll try to find you one

I was on American bee forum over 10 years ago. I wondered, why universities do not make reseaches about mite resistant bees which exist here and there. Neither universities do not make researches obout commercial mite resistant bees. Very few however.

I only know of one report about her bees. A number of years ago, she sent queens to Michael Housel in Florida. Yes, that Housel. The colonies from these queens were extremely vicious. They were tested for Scutellata content by wing vein morphometrics. The Scut content was very high and the colonies were destroyed. If you've ever seen videos of her bees you will know...no morphometrics needed. I'll try to find you one
Here’s my favourite

I tried to listen to this. I lost it somewhere between the Gazelles and Cheetahs, and the Wolf resistant Sheep. Parker like so many of his cohorts use survivability as the sole criteria for breeding stock selection. "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

One of special guys is the Mushroom man Paul Stamets invented that trees can communicate via mushroom mycelia. And bees lick mush rooms when they try to kill mites from their neck.

Last edited:
One of special guys is the Mushroom man Paul Stamets invented that trees can communicate via mushroom mycelia. And bees lick mush rooms when they try to kill mites from their neck.
I have a book about that.
“Wildwood”

I think eating too many 'special' mushrooms is where Dee, her pal Housel and Phellipe Fellopppe from Blenheim got their crackpot theories from in the first place!!

Latest posts

Back