Decisions decisions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Decisions decisions, got a colony with on and half supers full most but not all capped in 2nd super. What would people do, I've got enough for me so happy to leave two supers on but is that too large a void for them to keep warm over winter?? Still two frames in brood not drawn out and bees still working like crazy, considered moving half filled super up above crown board to see if they will take it down?? Or am I over worrying??

Decisions decisions, got a colony with on and half supers full most but not all capped in 2nd super. What would people do, I've got enough for me so happy to leave two supers on but is that too large a void for them to keep warm over winter?? Still two frames in brood not drawn out and bees still working like crazy, considered moving half filled super up above crown board to see if they will take it down?? Or am I over worrying??

Persuading bees to move nectar/honey down is as easy as getting water to flow up hill.

Extract the lot, leave for 24 hours to settle, keep putting it in jars and check water content after every five jars. When it gets close to the magic figure stop putting in jars and feed the rest back to the bees in a rapid feeder or.... Make mead or.....sell as bakers honey. I do the former and give it back to the bees, no need for all the nadiring problemsl
E

Latest posts

Back