"decimated" bee populations.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG.... keep them away from me ! Hampshire is thriving with honeybees - according to Beebase the density is 335 within a 10km radius .. hardly what you would call a decimated population ! I wish the people spreading this manure would do their homework !

Also from the article! What's all this about!

"Honey, and you may want to skip this sentence if you are about to eat, is what you get when a bee has eaten and then passed nectar, the bee's interior enzymes "making it special", George says."

I think either George knows sweet FA about honey or a journalist got in the way!

Also from the article! What's all this about!

"Honey, and you may want to skip this sentence if you are about to eat, is what you get when a bee has eaten and then passed nectar, the bee's interior enzymes "making it special", George says."

I think either George knows sweet FA about honey or a journalist got in the way!
Yes, I did preempt the 'finer details' as it also had a few other errors, like bees not sleeping. However, compared to most mainstream journalism about bees, I thought they were generally fairly on point.

I've not caught up with The Now Show recently. Are they back to having full studio audiences again? It felt horribly dead without them.

James

I've not caught up with The Now Show recently. Are they back to having full studio audiences again? It felt horribly dead without them.
James
Never been a fan - she's from Amanford anyway - it might only be a few miles away but the accent just grates

Never been a fan - she's from Amanford anyway - it might only be a few miles away but the accent just grates

I'm assuming "she" is some irregular performer on the programme, unless the format has changed with Punt and Dennis not being the only regulars.

One of my favourite "guest slots" on The Now Show is this one. I'm amazed it didn't create more fuss in the usual daily comics at the time.

James

I'm assuming "she" is some irregular performer on the programme, unless the format has changed with Punt and Dennis not being the only regulars.

One of my favourite "guest slots" on The Now Show is this one. I'm amazed it didn't create more fuss in the usual daily comics at the time.

James

sorry - sometimes words change as I'm reading them - thought you said the ONE show :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

I looked at the guy‘s track record as a businessman and theres a very long list of (presumably) failed enterprises, so don’t hold your breath with this one. However, if his efforts at assisting homeless folks get back into life are genuine and he sees beekeeping as a way forward, then good luck to him. Perhaps the relevant associations could help keep educate the new beeks to prevent collateral damage?

Back