Dead Hive, unknown cause images warning

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must be a very early Swienty because it bears little resemblance to the current model. A bottom bar fits the later entrance neatly.

It is. It's actually a Swi-bo, which I think was the forerunner to Swienty. I've used two stacked bottom bars, and two of the wooden strips you pull off the tops of the frames. They're wedged in quite well.

It is. It's actually a Swi-bo, which I think was the forerunner to Swienty. I've used two stacked bottom bars, and two of the wooden strips you pull off the tops of the frames. They're wedged in quite well.
Is that a langstroth?

Is that a langstroth?

No, it's a national. The sides say Swi-Bo and Denrosa, and is interchangeable with national equipment. I checked with Swienty before buying extra supers for it last year, and they said it was an old version of the Swienty hive.

No do not leave the mouse guard on all year.
Sorry for your loss looks awful sounds like it happened suddenly once the dead bees block the entrance l think the rest suffocated looks like the bottom broad is full overcrowded also no stores on the frames it’s never is just one thing good luck.

Nettle, is it top bee space or bottom?

Oops, sorry forgot to answer this. It's bottom bee space, but to be honest it's not my favourite hive because they always build brace comb between the boxes. It seems to be worse if I mix it with wooden boxes, so I try only to use the poly ones. I was using it as a bait hive, but used it to do that split when I found charged QCs.

Latest posts

Back