Dead Chicken

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We lost 30 birds to a stoat 3 years ago … it just bites out the muscle from the back of the neck and leaves the rest. They are bigger than weasels but can squeeze through a gap of a couple of centimetres. We have lots of stoats in the dry stone walls but every few years one goes rogue and attacks domestic poultry. I know it was a stoat as it attacked a neighbour silkies while she was in her garden ( took a you peahen as well … a huge size difference!) Helped itself to a few neighbours birds over a few months then presumably popped it’s clogs

We lost 30 birds to a stoat 3 years ago … it just bites out the muscle from the back of the neck and leaves the rest. They are bigger than weasels but can squeeze through a gap of a couple of centimetres. We have lots of stoats in the dry stone walls but every few years one goes rogue and attacks domestic poultry. I know it was a stoat as it attacked a neighbour silkies while she was in her garden ( took a you peahen as well … a huge size difference!) Helped itself to a few neighbours birds over a few months then presumably popped it’s clogs
Bees? Why is this on a beekeeping forum?

Technically through it wasn't leaving the rest. Just saving itself a whole lot of hassle. If it kills all the birds on night one, then goes back for another the following night there's not the hue and cry from the birds the second night and it can carry on this way until the coup is empty or the remainders so rotten they can't be eaten. It's only because of the intervention of man (in this case you) that this doesn't work.

Latest posts

Back