Dave cushman Verroa floor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrysbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi is anyone useing one of these floors or tried one I would like to no results
I no about the French round plastic dont like plastic

Hi is anyone useing one of these floors or tried one I would like to no results
I no about the French round plastic dont like plastic

i;ve only seen one, not used one, think they are diffucult to clean as dead bees get trapped

I use stainless steele mesh ones from Tom Bick but simple ones using galv mesh and strip wood work just as well...and you can clean the mesh of both with a hive tool scrapers

k.i.s.s

my 'appy beekeeper quazi tube one was a pain to clean

Last edited:
i;ve only seen one, not used one, think they are diffucult to clean as dead bees get trapped

I use stainless steele mesh ones from Tom Bick but simple ones using galv mesh and strip wood work just as well...and you can clean the mesh of both with a hive tool scrapers

k.i.s.s

my 'appy beekeeper quazi tube one was a pain to clean

Were do all the thousands of dead bees go, WillI still be able to get out my front door?

Were do all the thousands of dead bees go, WillI still be able to get out my front door?

sorry forgto to welcome you

here is cushamns floor for those who dont know it
http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/cushmanfloor.html

dead bees

house bees throw out any dead one from the hive...magpies eat the ones, outsde my hives...and they try to get more

in snow, you see little black holes and sometimes on really cold sunny snowing days you get dead bees in the snow on cleansing flights a yard of so away from the hive..so sad

you need to shield the enrance in snow, as the reflexed light attracts them out

but some bees just pas away it flight, never to return

Latest posts

Back