Dana Apitherma vs Kochstar Baby Bottler

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleoPerson

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I am looking to purchase a device for honey warming/filtering and the two main contenders are:

a/ The Dana Apitherma
or
B/ The Kochstar Baby Bottler

Has anyone any experience of either and your comments would be appreciated.
:confused:

What are you looking to achieve and what quantity are you looking at working with?

PH

offtopic to PaleoPerson -you got really cool avatar picture!:cheers2: but did you know that on the bucket is written " MESI" which means "honey" in Estonian language :)

What are you looking to achieve and what quantity are you looking at working with?

PH

I am trying to achieve honey liquefying for final filtering and bottling but not to any great scale. Although warming boxes are very frequently used to great success, I personally would like something different. Just preference really. The Mellitherm system appeals to me but too expensive and too big for my requirements.

I like the Dana because of price and I like the Kochstar due to its sealed/covered mode of operation and the consistency in temperature (I hope).

Rick

offtopic to PaleoPerson -you got really cool avatar picture!:cheers2: but did you know that on the bucket is written " MESI" which means "honey" in Estonian language :)

Yup, I did, but I did have to look it up first. :cheers2:

To be honest and I have no experience of these fancy systems I would suggest converting a chest or work top fridge to work with bulbs and a thermostat.

Mine which I used long distance, (20 miles) did 200 odd lbs at a time over 36 hours to liquid by using three 60 watt bulbs and a rather crude thermostat. Out of a immersion heater actually.

Then filter through a spin dryer using suitable micron cloth. Then you will have immaculately clean honey.

PH

Latest posts

Back