Dam Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike a

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Between 17-20
South coast UK

I was out in the back garden enjoying the sun and fresh air painting a second coat on my poly hives when it started. I got soaked running the 5 meters between my garage and my back door just putting the paint pot and brush away.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Dk3Pm6kcI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Dk3Pm6kcI[/ame]

Sadly I couldn't grab my camera quickly enough to film it at its worse but even as I type this now the rain is lashing down again, non-stop thunder rumbling for what must be well over 10 minutes. Only 3 months to late, when it was at its worse I couldn't see the trees about 50 feet away and the shed was a blur. Just a shame it dropped all our summer time rain all in one day near the end of the season. I just hope this is enough to kick start a slight recovery and give the Autumn plants a well needed drink.

Now the lights are flickering so no doubt I'm in for a power cut as well.

I hope my girls all made it home or found some where to hide quickly. :willy_nilly:

Last edited:
The roof was off two of my rooms last night... and it poured...

Bloody weather.

PH

The roof was off two of my rooms last night... and it poured...

Bloody weather.

PH

My first experience of stormy weather and its effect on the girls... what with that and the pesky wasps hanging around - I hope they remember that they are gentle bees when the sun comes out again. It's quite amazing what this combination (weather and wasps) does to their temperement...

We had a half hr of it and thats it. The rain is in short supply i feel, as the grass is going browny colour and the plants need a drink.

We have had rain and wet weather almost all July..
Southerners complain when it rains for half a day: talk about breeding for sotness:)

Southerners complain when it rains for half a day: talk about breeding for sotness:)

haha :)

Not the most exciting of videos.
Where the stupid teenager skateboarding off the garage roof into a fishpond or some idiot setting light to his hair whilst lighting the barbeque with petrol. Or Amy Whitehouse sober?

Latest posts

Back