Dadant kit in France

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witchcraft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Is there a discount store in France offering Dadant kit - I seem to remember something about this years ago but can't find it. I'm off to the Tarn on my hols shortly and wondered if it made sense to get some kit en France.

Bonjour

You could try Leygonie apiculture in Brive.
They have Dadant Kits for 75euro (floor,brood, super,crown board,roof and frames)

Weather set fair here 32°c yesterday so it should be warmer in the Tarn!!

N

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the prices!

this is a plastic hive from what i can tell with frames(looks like you need to buy foundation) for 88 euros!!!!

any one get the fealing we (in the Uk) have been cheated...........

Is there a discount store in France offering Dadant kit - I seem to remember something about this years ago but can't find it. I'm off to the Tarn on my hols shortly and wondered if it made sense to get some kit en France.

You are probably aware of this but just in case .... most Dadant equipment sold in France, unless otherwise stated, will be Dadant blatt - a different frame size to (Modified/US) Dadant equipment available in UK.

You are probably aware of this but just in case .... most Dadant equipment sold in France, unless otherwise stated, will be Dadant blatt - a different frame size to (Modified/US) Dadant equipment available in UK.

Worth repeating. The French stuff is not the same as our MD.

Nicotplast in France do the plastic hives and kit, I believe.

Starting out for France in 5 hours going down the west coast in our Motorhome so I will be looking for miel producers ( I think that's how you spell it)

Ruche 10 cadres avec hausse 8 ou 9 cadres...€76.50
That's plastic hive + open grill floor + one super + roof and frames.

same hive in wood €85.60
Ruche 10 cadres avec hausse 8 ou 9 cadres..

http://fort.apiculture.free.fr/magasin.php

Great depot, not so friendly service but, hey, this is France. The term "Customer service" doesn't translate here, rather like "Entrepreneur", however bee keeping kit is good quality and really cheap in the right outlets.

Chris

Ruche 10 cadres avec hausse 8 ou 9 cadres...€76.50
That's plastic hive + open grill floor + one super + roof and frames.

same hive in wood €85.60
Ruche 10 cadres avec hausse 8 ou 9 cadres..

http://fort.apiculture.free.fr/magasin.php

Great depot, not so friendly service but, hey, this is France. The term "Customer service" doesn't translate here, rather like "Entrepreneur", however bee keeping kit is good quality and really cheap in the right outlets.

Chris

Do you know of anywhere similar in the Burgundy (Saone et Loire) region Chris?

Sadly no. I've just spent 10 minutes searching 'the web' with nothing for Saone et Loire. Problem with so many things in France is the large distances required to travel for certain things unless you happen to be fortunate. I have to do a round trip of 220 kilometres to get my kit so it pays to know exactly what you want.

Chris

Sadly no. I've just spent 10 minutes searching 'the web' with nothing for Saone et Loire. Problem with so many things in France is the large distances required to travel for certain things unless you happen to be fortunate. I have to do a round trip of 220 kilometres to get my kit so it pays to know exactly what you want.

Chris

Ah well, thanks for taking the time to look anyway.

I don't go further than my driveway for mine - T'ornes have it delivered.
Very civilised :)

......and expensive judging by the prices people tell me they have paid from them, might as well pay Thomas prices.

Chris

Latest posts

Back