Cut Comb Honey...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut comb is the Rolls Royce of honey types and Heather is arguably the Bently.

I am currently selling granulated OSR at £4-50 per container full which holds approx 228+ grams.

If you cannot sell cut comb you are selling to the wrong customers.

On the stall I used to run at events I would sell 50 pieces no bother in a day.

Getting it is of course quite another matter. :)

PH

I have never seen a piece of cut comb for sale, although I have seen special jars\pots for it.

It is probably a daft question, but I presume the honey is uncapped before it goes in the pot!?!

PH
Have obtained for £20 a brand new Landstroth hive- brood and super (poly). Couldnt refuse that gift! Also I have been given wired frames, wire free wax sheets and a rolling wheel. Is it difficult to stick one to the other without overheating the wax and shearing it. Then I can supply comb honey - Pete, it is capped.

No it is not uncapped.

Comb honey is sealed and should be pristine white preferably with a nice air gap under the capping. AMM are brilliant at that.

Given a good flow and a strong colony it is easy enough and looks brill on the show bench.

PH

http://www.cutcombhoney.co.uk/cut-comb-honey.html

Check these prices out!!, I too am planning on doing some of this, this year.

PH, is it difficult to produce then?

Cheers

Mark.

I realise it is a premium product, but are these guys HAVING A LAUGH ???!!:rant:

£60 - does this include a colony of bees too ??

is gold dust liberally scattered over the tub ??

:rant:

But the sum of £4.50 sounds ok to me to 200g or there abouts

best get production under way, eh ?!

regards and thanks for the info all

S

Yes.

Tried to finish off Heather Comb and it was a complete and utter failure.

PH

70 quid for a pound jar of honey. Surely we are talking about a dozen jars here!

I attended a lecture by Clive de Bruyn many years ago and he was promoting OSR comb saying it was a beekeeper prejudice against it not the consumers.

I am selling brick solid combs and the customers are happy to buy it after tasting it.

The consumer is the boss.

PH

I notice on the cut comb honey site there are no details about the vendor. "About Us" - nothing.
"contact us" - no address or phone no.

The site is registered to a Paul Swift.

I never buy from businesses who don't post their address and contact no.

At those prices he's having a laugh.

Cut comb or honey comb?

I want to label my cut comb pots, and can't see the difference between cut comb and honeycomb as a description. Can someon help me? :serenade:

Just got my delivery from Paynes. My honey jars and cut comb boxes and the labels......Trem y Fro Hill Honey...now the girls just have to finish the capping. The labels are fab. Totally thrilled. Hopefully, that will be all my Christmas presents sorted. We are going to take some photos when we do our honey harvest.

Hey...trez cool. ....just take a photo of mine....

Latest posts

Back