Custom sleeves for comb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1976

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have been asked by a number of people to supply comb honey this year and I have had a good enough season that I will be able to do this this year and would like to do it going forward.

Can anyone please recommend me a company who make custom cardboard boxes with windows or sleeves to go round a box of comb?

I would like to have something more personalised than the generic ones sold by the likes of t*orne.

Also, are there better quality/priced comb containers to our base rather than those supplied by the above.

Thank you.

I have been asked by a number of people to supply comb honey this year and I have had a good enough season that I will be able to do this this year and would like to do it going forward.

Can anyone please recommend me a company who make custom cardboard boxes with windows or sleeves to go round a box of comb?

I would like to have something more personalised than the generic ones sold by the likes of t*orne.

Also, are there better quality/priced comb containers to our base rather than those supplied by the above.

Thank you.
The best I've seen in the UK are tins with a window. Can't find supplier details.

I'm currently speaking to a manufacturer about (industrally) compostable boxes although they don't seem keen to make something specially for bees as they already make something about the right volume and I'd prefer home compostable... Will update in time. They're much more expensive per box though

I have designed a sleeve for the 'Maisemore' containers for a Bee Farmer. The biggest cost is the 'die' needed to stamp out the design. This I now have, I am more than happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments

• 61f7cd8c-f546-455f-8830-5876a309e05e.jpg
    61f7cd8c-f546-455f-8830-5876a309e05e.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 3
I have designed a sleeve for the 'Maisemore' containers for a Bee Farmer. The biggest cost is the 'die' needed to stamp out the design.
Hate to tell you this but Mêl Diliau is petal Honey not honeycomb
Honeycomb is Dȋl mêl

Dil mel is the plural form
no, it's the singular - diliau mêl means honey combs but is seldom, if ever used, Diliau usually used for petals - comb honey is mêl Dȋl honeycomb is Dȋl mêl

no, it's the singular - diliau mêl means honey combs but is seldom, if ever used, Diliau usually used for petals - comb honey is mêl Dȋl honeycomb is Dȋl mêl
Sorry, got my wires crossed, I know what I meant. :banghead:, but, in context, isn't the version on the packaging going to read as honeycomb(s) to a native Welsh speaker? Even if it doesn't,, what else could be in that package I wonder? :) As a non-Welsh or Scottish native, I'm just I think it's really attractive packaging, helped greatly by that use of a non-English language.

isn't the version on the packaging going to read as honeycomb(s) to a native Welsh speaker?
doubtful it definitely stumped me when I first saw it, had to haul up my translator's dictionaries to check. as it's a term that is not in common use, Dȋl mêl has been the accepted term for it since at least Bishop Morgan published his bible in 1588. I agree on the packaging, I'm thinking of asking Anduril to design something similar (but in Brynmair colours) for me.

doubtful it definitely stumped me when I first saw it, had to haul up my translator's dictionaries to check. as it's a term that is not in common use, Dȋl mêl has been the accepted term for it since at least Bishop Morgan published his bible in 1588. I agree on the packaging, I'm thinking of asking Anduril to design something similar (but in Brynmair colours) for me.

I must admit, just like the packaging on my Greek honey purchased last week, as my primary (only) language is northern English, the "alien" words are descriptive to me only in the fact that their strangeness adds to the attraction of the product within......job done @nantmoel. :)

This is what the customer wanted on the sleeve, whats that saying 'The customer is always right' - but that you all for point this out.

I have designed a sleeve for the 'Maisemore' containers for a Bee Farmer. The biggest cost is the 'die' needed to stamp out the design. This I now have, I am more than happy to discuss your needs.
Nice packaging.

This is what the customer wanted on the sleeve, whats that saying 'The customer is always right' - but that you all for point this out.
Can you DM me with your details as i might be interested in some outers, thanks.

Can I ask if the combs are packaged in a foil + the cardboard box on the picture, or is it just the cardboard box?

Back