Credit where it's due

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drex

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Dani,
If this is inappropriate please delete or move.
I just want to say a big thank you to black Mountain honey for outstanding customer service.
As I have already posted, my wife got me two new queens for a birthday present. One looked good but the other was smaller. Both were laying a week after introducing, but the small one never really got into her stride. On inspection today there were no eggs and two supercedure cells. No sight of the queen.
My reaction was disappointment but also I know bees will be bees. However I did email BMH and within 5 mins had a reply that they would send me a replacement free of charge.
I have no connection to BMH other than as a first time customer.

Dani,
I just want to say a big thank you to black Mountain honey for outstanding customer service.
As I have already posted, my wife got me two new queens for a birthday present. One looked good but the other was smaller. Both were laying a week after introducing, but the small one never really got into her stride. On inspection today there were no eggs and two supercedure cells. No sight of the queen.
My reaction was disappointment but also I know bees will be bees. However I did email BMH and within 5 mins had a reply that they would send me a replacement free of charge.
Were these his Buckfast? A lot of people are getting them.
What a lovely Birthday present. I wonder how I can train Stan?
I have one of Murray's early queens (mated in Italy) form Laurence.

Dani,
I will definitely use them next time your experience was better than we had when we bought ours

Yes, Dani his Buckfasts.
Wife kept asking the usual question to which I replied that I wanted for nothing. However she persisted as it was the big 70. So I suggested a couple of queens. Not bought in before.
Even though I have been selecting for gentleness in my own queen rearing the one good Buckfast out does any of mine for this trait.
Might well treat myself next year

It's why I like them and I am too old and lazy to embark on my own improvement programme
Stan like his swarms and always wants to give them a chance. They are as black as anything and we get one every year from somewhere. They do very well but they are a bugger to inspect. He always does it.

Latest posts

Back