Creaming machine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that but the pair I was wearing yesterday have L on one and R on the other... Probably for the simple minded like me!
Well, in a case like that would have to find someone with the opposite leg missing and sell them the spare sock ...

Ahh ... you've noticed... my ancestors came down with Bonnie Prince Charlie in the '45 and stuck around to plunder the unsuspecting English when he turned tail ....

Fritz may well be the better machine but it also takes a lot more honey than I have and costs x4 more. Not really useful.
What I did was buy a Abelo machine, then being a welder, had a local company produce the screw in four sections, similar to the fritz, which I then welded to the shaft, probably saved around £1000.

Has anyone experience of this: Honey Creaming Machine 33L - Welcome to Abelo's Beekeeping Supplies and does it come with the tank or is that an extra?

PH

Yes I have this machine.
I put the honey in my warming cabinet to melt any crystals,
Allow it to cool,
Add the seed honey.
Switch the machine on,
And leave it alone.
Every hour it gently stirs the honey (not fast), for 15 minutes.
48 hours later I check it, by which time it is usually ready.
I then leave it to stand an hour.
Then it's a case of pouring it into jars or honey buckets.

Did the socks come with the drill?
‘To seed or not to seed... that is the question!’ I always seed (10%) after warming concrete rape honey to 35+ then immediately cooling to <14c for a few days, then warming to 35c and jarring. Am I wasting my time seeding?

‘To seed or not to seed... that is the question!’ I always seed (10%) after warming concrete rape honey to 35+ then immediately cooling to <14c for a few days, then warming to 35c and jarring. Am I wasting my time seeding?

I don't and the guy who taught me to do it that way doesn't and haven't had any issues. Neither they nor I rapidly cool to 14C either and the honey seems alright (rather nice in fact 😁).

What's wrong with 6 inches?
with 6 inches you don't have a foot to put a sock on, with 12 inches at least you'd have one foot to stand on

Your wasting your time seeding if your using osr. I’ll extract and filter osr then leave in buckets to set. You can skim froth once buckets are settled, or leave to set, I find leaving to set in buckets first helps reduce frosting. When needed buckets are melted to double cream consistency. So your retaining a lot of crystals, although very small. This is put into bottling tank and any other honey added if your bulking up. This is stirred as often or little as you like over a number of days until it starts to thicken. Then just bottle! So much the same as Wilco.

Your wasting your time seeding if your using osr. I’ll extract and filter osr then leave in buckets to set. You can skim froth once buckets are settled, or leave to set, I find leaving to set in buckets first helps reduce frosting. When needed buckets are melted to double cream consistency. So your retaining a lot of crystals, although very small. This is put into bottling tank and any other honey added if your bulking up. This is stirred as often or little as you like over a number of days until it starts to thicken. Then just bottle! So much the same as Wilco.
‘When needed buckets are melted to double cream consistency’ ... to what temp do you melt?

Description suggests it comes with the bucket. I take it a drill with a paddle mixer isn't your style?
The drill is the simplest, I would suggest putting the drill in a plastic bag, caution overheating, advantages no oil or fillings dropping, Just a caution.

The Chuck causing damage on any painted/plated whisk is also prone to paint flakes if your buying non stainless. As to temp I think your looking for 40c drills paddles break up lumps so allow lower temps to be used. Also bring any buckets up to room temp before any heating if possible, maybe not so important for warming cabinets. But with water baths it saves higher temps!

The drill is the simplest, I would suggest putting the drill in a plastic bag, caution overheating, advantages no oil or fillings dropping, Just a caution.

Yes, I put a few tea towels over the bucket held together with clothes pegs to give a central hole, should have mentioned that. The drill was my grandpa's and don't want to risk blocking the air flow around the motor!

Back