Creaming machine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I've just been to one of my shops and the dreaded OSR granulation is evident. So......... despite having a tank and pump in the garage they are on too big a scale for my output these days.

Has anyone experience of this: Honey Creaming Machine 33L - Welcome to Abelo's Beekeeping Supplies and does it come with the tank or is that an extra?

PH

Description suggests it comes with the bucket. I take it a drill with a paddle mixer isn't your style?

I'd prefer something I can set to and leave it to it. Though on saying that I am open to ideas.

I'd prefer something I can set to and leave it to it. Though on saying that I am open to ideas.
I used this approach and seemed effective: warm bucket to 35-39C (I used the oven overnight with a thermometer which cost a couple of quid on ebay). Then when warmed attack with paddle on drill for 5-10min. Then leave. No need for seeding, lovely creamed honey.

Edit, forgot to add- leave it to set in the bucket for a couple of months before creaming.

Attachments

• 20210716_112502.jpg
    20210716_112502.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210716_114007.jpg
    20210716_114007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 20210716_125903.jpg
    20210716_125903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
I used this approach and seemed effective: warm bucket to 35-39C (I used the oven overnight with a thermometer which cost a couple of quid on ebay). Then when warmed attack with paddle on drill for 5-10min. Then leave. No need for seeding, lovely creamed honey.

Edit, forgot to add- leave it to set in the bucket for a couple of months before creaming.
KISS!

Fritz may well be the better machine but it also takes a lot more honey than I have and costs x4 more. Not really useful.

Fritz may well be the better machine but it also takes a lot more honey than I have and costs x4 more. Not really useful.
I bought the Abelo 50L heating & creaming machine. Will try it out first time later this year.
Glad to see you back! Been a while. Hope you’re well.

Did the socks come with the drill?

Sadly they're sold separately.
Strange - where I come from socks are always sold in pairs (which is a bit of a pain if you only have one leg)

Strange - where I come from socks are always sold in pairs (which is a bit of a pain if you only have one leg)
No it's not - socks are not handed - so you wear them on alternate days if you have one leg a pair will last twice as long and with the money you save you could buy a parrot ...

No it's not - socks are not handed - so you wear them on alternate days if you have one leg a pair will last twice as long and with the money you save you could buy a parrot ...

You say that but the pair I was wearing yesterday have L on one and R on the other... Probably for the simple minded like me!

Back