Creaming drill recommendations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm ready to cream my OSR honey. I'm going to warm the set 30lb buckets and then use a drill attachment to get a decent creamed honey (well that's the plan).

Any recommendations for a suitable 750w corded drill please? I have a decent cordless drill and would probably only ever use a corded drill to process honey so just need a drill to do that.
Any experience with the B&Q/Homebase etc basic corded drills for this purpose? Or do I need to bite the bullet and get a decent drill?

Hmm...

Ya need to have the honey clear before adding the seed. If that don't make sense then shout and we can go through the whole procedure.

PH

I thought there were two ways of producing creamed honey:

- start with warmed clear honey and add a seed honey (at ~10% mass of total) that has the desired small crystal size qualities.

or:

- slightly warm set honey and then cream it to disrupt the existing crystals that stops them from returning back to a like-concrete state.
This method is described well here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gandboss/OldSite/BeeStuff/KissOSR/Kiss_OSR.htm

I was going to try the 2nd method.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back