Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

plumber 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Admin

to the right of the beekeeping course 2010 is the title box and the message box and welcome message with private messages below.

this is mostly off screen on my mac is there any way to bring it in line with the forum post box below?

if I forget to look I miss the P Ms
regards
Mik

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Do the following ctrl sequences not adjust the image size on your screen?

ctl_- make smaller: control and minus
ctl_+ make larger: control and plus
ctl_0 return to default size control and zero

It works in Firefox on Linux and Windows (I believe), so no reason not to believe it doesn't work in OS X.

As evenings get longer, I adjust my text/image size to make it easier to read as my eyes become tired. My 19in monitor is some 130cm from my eyes. I regullarly adjust the size to expand the text size on some sites that are otherwise miniscule. :) I hope that helps.

The View tab > Zoom > Zoom out is another way of doing it, assuming that the OS X layout is common to the Linux and Windows version. My present Firefox version is 3.0.16 running on OpenSUSE 11.0; for what it's worth.

I don't, personally, see that any adjustment to the web site is necessary or even appropriate. I am prepared to be wrong though.

The end of the little box you mentioned is also flush with the right side of the LOGOUT button above it.

Last edited:

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Please use the zoom in and zoom out control sequences mentioned earlier and you will see that the relative positions change a little.

I am hoping that Plumber will come back and report his Firefox experience. Most of me is convinced that it should be "problem solved".

Life, like the bees is normally an infinitely variable experience. :)

At the moment my car is on the drive and it won't start!
Did I say that I was in the living room? That might have some bearing on the matter. I don't doubt that when I get into my car and turn on the ignition it will start.

Simple as that. :piggy:

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
A restricted view of infinite infinity

The first image is at default (on my setup) control and zero.
The second is control and plus twice
the third image is control and plus three times, from the default view.

I hope this is able to clarify the issue the the satisfaction of everyone. :)

Being able to zoom in from the keyboard like this is also a very useful technique for getting a closeup look at good definition images that are posted that you want to look at more closely. To better spot varroa or eggs rather than blemishes and glints of light.

In a previous installation only the text expanded. I believe that this behaviour is changeable somewhere in the Firefox preferences which can be found under the Edit tab at the top left of the browser screen.

My standard preference is default plus two zooms, which is probably like reading an average magazine at a reading distance of about 12 inches (30cm).

NB The images in this shot will line up across the page in the default mode and start to stack at greater zoom magnifications.

Last edited:

RoofTops 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
As far as I know, which may not be much, this is a Windows feature and is not unique to the type of browser. This is why I get exactly the same effect with IE. You can also use Ctrl plus mouse scroll wheel.

plumber 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
in your screen capture (post 8) the message box is under logout, my box is to the right of this yhe box starts under the out of log out. the beekeeping courses box is to the left under home blog albums. the control + - 0 do nothing as far as I can tell.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Hi RoofTops, I think that Firefox and IE may just work in the same way. It isn't an Operating System specific thing. I'm a Linux OS user and it works just fine - there is an advantage in using a common set of shortcuts so users get to swap browsers with least hassle and don't have to re-learn the cool bits.

Plummer, Are you familiar with keyboard shortcuts, as you don't sound too certain?
Try instead the "Zoom Out" option from the View > Zoom tabs as shown on the illustration. Any joy now?

Failing that, I'm sure RoofTops can and I can recommend a new OS for you; Windows or LInux respectively wouldn't you just guess :) Just approach it methodically, like you would a burst pipe - . . . put the hammer down. ha ha. :grouphug:

Of course you could always give another browser a try if it continues to be a problem

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
I can see that this is a bit like answering calls for swarms.

If the "Welcome, Plumber" box is truncated on your screen? Then your browser screen is apparently not set to full screen, but larger and the right hand side is off the screen. Either that or your screen resolution can't be quite right.
:cheers2:

plumber 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
It's not that much of a problem just a tad anoying in the past I would of gotten the 9mm out and solved the problem. I'm easy these days