Course Recommendation in North East

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have just completed the Introduction to Bee Keeping course at Kirkley Hall (about ten miles N of Newcastle) and I would highly recommend it. It runs every spring and comprises 9 2 hour classroom sessions and 4 2 hour hands on apiary sessions. Its run by two very experienced beeks (about fifty years experience between them) and is a great blend of science and practicality. Cost this year was £150.00.

What a blast from the past!!

I attended a 12 month agricultural course at Kirkley Hall in the late 50s. I also got my first experience of beekeeping there, however it was to be another 20 years before I got my first bees. Very happy days.

Hope it doesn't take you 20 years to get your bees Keith:)

just quick reply to let people know the course is starting again think its 9th march!:hurray:

Name of association:
Course Title: Introduction to Beekeeping
Tutor(s) Name: Dr Dorian Pritchard and Mr Kyle Miller
Start Date: 9 March 2011
End Date: 21 May 2011
Time: 7.00 – 9 pm
Venue: Kirkley Hall, Agricultural College, Ponteland
Level: Beginner
Cost: ££150
Contact Address:
Postcode:
County: Northumberland
Area: North England
Phone: 01670 – 841229
email: [email protected]
Other info: This course involves ten 2-hour lectures, demonstrations, film and slide shows, plus four 2-hour practicals. It aims to take complete beginners up to the standard of BBKA Basic Grade. Protective clothing will be provided and students will be introduced to the beekeeping association in their home area

Last edited:
have to put in a quick plug (tho they're usually oversubscribed!) for Durham Beekeepers Association, who run a brilliant beginners course starting in May - 10 weeks on either a Wed or Thursday - and its free..... (tho they might ask for membership in return)

have to put in a quick plug (tho they're usually oversubscribed!) for Durham Beekeepers Association, who run a brilliant beginners course starting in May - 10 weeks on either a Wed or Thursday - and its free..... (tho they might ask for membership in return)

Membership is only £20 and gives you all the BBKA benefits as well

Latest posts

Back