• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Couple of queens wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whizzwheels

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Does anybody know of any queens for sale I've googled a few places but they are either out of stock or still awaiting deliveries?
I have a very aggressive hive that I want to re-queen and will probably spit at the same time.
Fancy giving buckfast queens a try for a change.

Does anybody know of any queens for sale I've googled a few places but they are either out of stock or still awaiting deliveries?
I have a very aggressive hive that I want to re-queen and will probably spit at the same time.
Fancy giving buckfast queens a try for a change.

You could spit it now... remove / cull old queen at the same time?

Requeen with expensive imported queens when the next batch is available???

Yeghes da

That's the plan, kill off the old queen as she is very aggressive and geting on a bit as she is not as productive any more.
I have found a place who had new stock in today but the earliest I will get a couple of queens is Tuesday/Wednesday next week so plan on splitting the hives this weekend so they have time to notice there is no queen in either hive.

That's the plan, kill off the old queen as she is very aggressive and geting on a bit as she is not as productive any more.
I have found a place who had new stock in today but the earliest I will get a couple of queens is Tuesday/Wednesday next week so plan on splitting the hives this weekend so they have time to notice there is no queen in either hive.

Kill the queen today, and split the hive. remove any and all queen cells they develop 3 days after you kill her. Check and shake bees off every frame. Repeat the process couple of days later and again before you introduce a new queen. Make sure your new queens are ordered and mated.

You could spit it now... remove / cull old queen at the same time?

Requeen with expensive imported queens when the next batch is available???

Yeghes da

I have always found AMM in the UK is more expensive to buy than say Buckfast imports, this is one of the reasons there is such a demand for them. Unless you can point people in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back