Could i have salvage these frames?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
i was told by my wife that she had met a lady who had some beekeeping equipment for sale

i went around to day only to be confronted by the pitcure below. the equipmnet was just a beesuit and a smoker, the rest was as below. she told me that they had already taken away another skip full of the boxes the frames came in, whick were sold or broken up...about 100

Do i go back for the frames, lots of wax month reidue but the skip is full of about 1000 brood frames and hoffman super frames and squashed WBC lifts ,

Last edited:
thats just my luck as well always miss things the frames i myself would not bother with, you could try and find out were the skips come from and go and see them see if you could get some of the boxes

This is gong to be a tough one.

NO.

Some gift horses are better walked away from.

PH

Did you get the lifts at the back of the skip.

As for the frames for the effort it will take to sort them and then if like me a slight worrying thought.

Looks like some good tinder for the winter.:nature-smiley-12: :p

Yea I pretty much get all my firewood from skips :)

i build my Supers from skip wood...3/4mm ply or floor boards

RE: did itake the wbc lifts (earlier post)

WBC lifts...no left them,i hate WBC but if you want them the address is Glenwood Road NW7...they are even on google street scene if you check that address, they have been clearing out hives for some time, i understand

Last edited:
Sorry to go off thread, but I now have a great source of free wood and a very nice stockpile building for winter.

The scaffold contractor I use at work brings me all their old and damaged boards for free:sifone::sifone:

I will burn most, but others are to good to burn so very good for making things.

Latest posts

Back