Could be a scam or made into one

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have taken this from a bee selling website . Now this could easy be made into a scam as they are taking your money as a deposit But and a big But
If they cannot for any reason give you your Nuc they keep £10.50 as a handling fee. I would stay clear of this type of deal .
What do you think , have i got the wrong end of the stick here?
Theres lots of peeps after these nucs . :toetap05:

This Price is £210.00 they will be ready for collection from the 18th April ready to make you plenty of honey.

We have a number of these nucs available if you require more than one please contact me and i will add a privet listing.

To secure your Bees you must pay a Deposit of £115.50 the balance will be required on collection or on dispatch if you need delivery. Your deposit is fully refundable if we can not for any reason supply your bees - a £10.50 handeling fee.

Why would anyone pay £215? That's stupid money!

I have taken this from a bee selling website . Now this could easy be made into a scam as they are taking your money as a deposit But and a big But
If they cannot for any reason give you your Nuc they keep £10.50 as a handling fee. I would stay clear of this type of deal .
What do you think , have i got the wrong end of the stick here?
Theres lots of peeps after these nucs . :toetap05:

This Price is £210.00 they will be ready for collection from the 18th April ready to make you plenty of honey.

We have a number of these nucs available if you require more than one please contact me and i will add a privet listing.

To secure your Bees you must pay a Deposit of £115.50 the balance will be required on collection or on dispatch if you need delivery. Your deposit is fully refundable if we can not for any reason supply your bees - a £10.50 handeling fee.
A clue as to who the vendor might be would help?

John Wilkinson

in that case MM bid 4 bees

and I'm interested in the privet, could do with a new hedge!!

i agree - SCAM! Why charge a handling fee if they can't supply the bees and very suspect

they have 2 adds on there. they charge a different rate per price of nuc. dont make sence.

The early availability is linked to this aspect of the advert.

"April over wintered B S National 5 Frame Nucleus Colony £100

This one of our over wintered 5 frame Nucleus colonies on B S National hoffman frames (self spacing) with a marked Carniolan queen, brood, eggs, and food, covered in bees, ready for work.

To secure your Bees you must pay a Deposit of £100.00 the balance will be required on collection or on dispatch if you need delivery."

Thats more than my entire honey sales this summer :mad: If I were in it for the cash then I may as well sell the girls every spring; catch some swarms and do it all again! With Fera on my doorstep I can even claim some special brreeding program ta'boot :smilielol5:

they have 2 adds on there. they charge a different rate per price of nuc. dont make sence.

Bees multiply 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 as the year progresses

one NUC is 1st April, one NUC is 19th may

so expect the first to be five overwintered frames and overwinter last year queen , whereas the second to be five assorted frames of spring bees and an imported queen

by the time my Nuc are ready for sale its july with summer bees and new year queen it will be below £100

don't say too much, he could sue as it looks like he is a member of the forum "Wealdplacefarm" but has never posted :biggrinjester:

Sue ? Legal action very unlikely as legal aid not granted for this sort of action and court costs have to be paid up front. If for defamation of character it would have to go to the High Court and a barrister engaged as well as briefing a solicitor.
Only the proverbial rich and famous can afford to do so.

I mean handling fee MM. looks like price of handling fee is based on how much the nuc cost.
the other add is £8.00

Your deposit is fully refundable if we can not for any reason supply your bees - a £10.50 handeling fee.

A full refund........................ less £10.50!!!!!

So you send them money.

Next week they say they cant complete the order and charge you £10.50.????

Thats a better % rate than the banks are offering....

Very precise date!!!!

Last edited:
Cannot really see much wrong with this person....has anyone heard of or had any bad dealings with this person to be accusing them of running some kind of scam,the proper website they have looks perfectly ok as far as i can see...apart from some spelling.

I cant see anything wrong with the seller.
Regarding his prices:
I supplied a Nuc to a local beekeeper in June who already had purchased a Nuc from a guy in the midlands in may for £240.00.
He told me he had sold out when he contacted him for another ansd said he could not believe my Nuc was so cheap at £120.00 :svengo:

Latest posts

Back