Correx sheets

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am looking for some correx boards to go between stacks of brood boxes or supers over winter. Other than acquire for ‘sale signs’ is there a supplier that is cheap and cheerful? I’ve looked on eBay. Prices are ok, but most companies roll the boards and then state the boards don’t unroll particularly flat. I don’t want wax moth to get in between the gaps.
Thanks, Emily

I am looking for some correx boards to go between stacks of brood boxes or supers over winter. Other than acquire for ‘sale signs’ is there a supplier that is cheap and cheerful? I’ve looked on eBay. Prices are ok, but most companies roll the boards and then state the boards don’t unroll particularly flat. I don’t want wax moth to get in between the gaps.
Thanks, Emily
Can't say it would work out the cheapest, but I got mine from STBK last year, because it was a good balance between price and convenience. They sell them singly or a pack of 10. They're 50cm square pieces, so you can either trim them down or just use them as is.
I found old For Sale signs impossible to get hold of, and as you say, those companies that sell correx for signage don't often send it flat.

Wickes has lots of options. They sell very thin correx used as floor protection. Think it was about £3 a sheet.

Can't say it would work out the cheapest, but I got mine from STBK last year, because it was a good balance between price and convenience. They sell them singly or a pack of 10. They're 50cm square pieces, so you can either trim them down or just use them as is.
I found old For Sale signs impossible to get hold of, and as you say, those companies that sell correx for signage don't often send it flat.
Thank you for that. I’ll have a look.

Also Jewsons Emily they sell 8'x4' sheets

Thank you for that. I’ll have a look.
Yes ... it's good. I've used it quite a lot for all sorts of jobs ... it's a bit bendy in 8' x 4' sheets but by the time you have cut it down I would think it's idea; for separating supers. It does have a core so you will need to cover the cut edges with aluminium tape otherwise it could provide an ideal home for creepy crawlies.

Yes ... it's good. I've used it quite a lot for all sorts of jobs ... it's a bit bendy in 8' x 4' sheets but by the time you have cut it down I would think it's idea; for separating supers. It does have a core so you will need to cover the cut edges with aluminium tape otherwise it could provide an ideal home for creepy crawlies.
Yes my inspection boards are often home to earwigs

I have a similar product by Dupont which I have used to cover my nuc roofs, no cutting at the corners. Just a neat corner fold.

I have a similar product by Dupont which I have used to cover my nuc roofs, no cutting at the corners. Just a neat corner fold.
I used to use Hypolon sheeting but DuPont don't make it any longer.

Thanks, Emily
Election candidates notices?

Back