Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

E&MBees 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I am looking for some correx boards to go between stacks of brood boxes or supers over winter. Other than acquire for ‘sale signs’ is there a supplier that is cheap and cheerful? I’ve looked on eBay. Prices are ok, but most companies roll the boards and then state the boards don’t unroll particularly flat. I don’t want wax moth to get in between the gaps.
Thanks, Emily

drdrday 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I am looking for some correx boards to go between stacks of brood boxes or supers over winter. Other than acquire for ‘sale signs’ is there a supplier that is cheap and cheerful? I’ve looked on eBay. Prices are ok, but most companies roll the boards and then state the boards don’t unroll particularly flat. I don’t want wax moth to get in between the gaps.
Thanks, Emily
Can't say it would work out the cheapest, but I got mine from STBK last year, because it was a good balance between price and convenience. They sell them singly or a pack of 10. They're 50cm square pieces, so you can either trim them down or just use them as is.
I found old For Sale signs impossible to get hold of, and as you say, those companies that sell correx for signage don't often send it flat.

Foxylad 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Wickes has lots of options. They sell very thin correx used as floor protection. Think it was about £3 a sheet.

E&MBees 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Can't say it would work out the cheapest, but I got mine from STBK last year, because it was a good balance between price and convenience. They sell them singly or a pack of 10. They're 50cm square pieces, so you can either trim them down or just use them as is.
I found old For Sale signs impossible to get hold of, and as you say, those companies that sell correx for signage don't often send it flat.
Thank you for that. I’ll have a look.

Hachi 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Also Jewsons Emily they sell 8'x4' sheets

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Thank you for that. I’ll have a look.
Yes ... it's good. I've used it quite a lot for all sorts of jobs ... it's a bit bendy in 8' x 4' sheets but by the time you have cut it down I would think it's idea; for separating supers. It does have a core so you will need to cover the cut edges with aluminium tape otherwise it could provide an ideal home for creepy crawlies.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yes ... it's good. I've used it quite a lot for all sorts of jobs ... it's a bit bendy in 8' x 4' sheets but by the time you have cut it down I would think it's idea; for separating supers. It does have a core so you will need to cover the cut edges with aluminium tape otherwise it could provide an ideal home for creepy crawlies.
Yes my inspection boards are often home to earwigs

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yes my inspection boards are often home to earwigs
An hour or so with some of this to cover the open ends will sort that ... the earwigs will find somewhere else to live ... it's the waxmoth grubs that I worry about in nooks and crannies...

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 25 that I maintain for clients.
This is what I use between boxes over winter. It works out about 20p each and is really tough.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
This is what I use between boxes over winter. It works out about 20p each and is really tough.
That looks really good.

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
That looks really good.
I ûse it for all sorts of things including putting a small hole in the middle to get bees to rob out wet supers and roofing my 5 frame nucs. It's handy to store because it's on a roll.

hemo 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
I have a similar product by Dupont which I have used to cover my nuc roofs, no cutting at the corners. Just a neat corner fold.

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I have a similar product by Dupont which I have used to cover my nuc roofs, no cutting at the corners. Just a neat corner fold.
I used to use Hypolon sheeting but DuPont don't make it any longer.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Thanks, Emily
Election candidates notices?

Latest posts