Cornwall newbee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jettabee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi , I am doing a beginner beekeeping course. Hoping to get black bees next spring and polystyrene hives x 3. Have enough space and no neighbour problems. Haven’t bought any kit or the hives as yet. This forum looks informative.

Hi and welcome. Have a good look round. There’s plenty of interesting stuff here and some very knowledgeable beekeepers. Post any questions you have in the beginners section. Doing a beekeeping course is a good start.

just saying hi as I’m also in cornwall ( near mawnan smith ) where abouts are you & who’s course are you doing?

Welcome, enjoy the forums. How's your beekeeping course going?

Welcome, enjoy the forums. How's your beekeeping course going?
The course was really helpful. I went to the local apiary meeting last night and had my first sting. I was quite pleased ( even though it was because of poor handling of a frame by me) because a) no anaphylaxis and b) not too painful. I know that neither of those reasons is 100% durable but they were faintly in the back of my mind as little worries. My beesuit arrives today - the most expensive item of clothing I have bought for many years. I plan to start my own little apiary next spring - probably black bees and poly hives.

You have Cornish black bees. Apparently unique.
If you Google Cornish Black Bee project there is much about them

The course was really helpful. I went to the local apiary meeting last night and had my first sting. I was quite pleased ( even though it was because of poor handling of a frame by me) because a) no anaphylaxis and b) not too painful. I know that neither of those reasons is 100% durable but they were faintly in the back of my mind as little worries. My beesuit arrives today - the most expensive item of clothing I have bought for many years. I plan to start my own little apiary next spring - probably black bees and poly hives.
Occupational hazard?:) So you're good to go next spring? Good luck.

Latest posts

Back