Copenhagen Climate Change Petition

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Enough
Hi,

I just joined over 11 million people in the world's largest-ever campaign to keep us all safe.

There has never been a more important time to add your name - our message is being delivered to leaders at the Copenhagen climate summit later this week.

Please add your voice now at

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_copenhagen/98.php?CLICK_TF_TRACK

Thanks!

With three days to go, the crucial Copenhagen summit is failing.

Tomorrow, the world's leaders arrive for an unprecedented 60 hours of direct negotiations. Experts agree that without a tidal wave of public pressure for a deal, the summit will not stop catastrophic global warming of 2 degrees.

Click below to sign the petition for a real deal in Copenhagen -- the campaign already has a staggering 10 million supporters - let's make it the largest petition in history in the next 72 hours! Every single name is actually being read out at the summit -- sign on at the link below and forward this email to everyone!

An Avaaz team is meeting daily with negotiators inside the summit who will organize a spectacular petition delivery to world leaders as they arrive, building a giant wall of boxes of names and reading out the names of every person who signs. With the largest petition in history, leaders will have no doubt that the whole world is watching.

Millions watched the Avaaz vigil inside the summit on TV yesterday, where Archbishop Desmond Tutu told hundreds of delegates and assembled children:

“We marched in Berlin, and the wall fell.
"We marched for South Africa, and apartheid fell.
"We marched at Copenhagen -- and we WILL get a Real Deal.”

Copenhagen is seeking the biggest mandate in history to stop the greatest threat humanity has ever faced. History will be made in the next few days. How will our children remember this moment? Let's tell them we did all we could.

With hope,

Ricken, Alice, Ben, Paul, Luis, Iain, Veronique, Graziela, Pascal, Paula, Benjamin, Raj, Raluca, Taren, David, Josh and the whole Avaaz team.

Is climate change happening? Yes. Is it man made? NO

Its like the flea on a dogs back trying to control the dogs direction.

Biggest issue is population. Reduce population, reduce energy usage and demand for resources.

Start in your home country, by not paying simpletons to breed like rabbits and claiming every benefit under the sun, then we might have some money to spend.

Some global warming would be welcomed by me, it might dry out my garden a bit and give me more honey.

The only long term solution to global warming is a nuclear winter. So nuclear war with a few neutron bombs is the only solution, this will stop the Americans, the Chinese, the Arabs, the Russians, the Indians, the Brazilians etc wrecking the planet, leaving the rest of us to carry on polluting at sensible levels.

I confidently predict that this solution will be more workable than anything 'agreed ' at Copenhagen - a conference which in just a few short days had a bigger carbon footprint than a year of a typical third world nation.

leaving the rest of us to carry on

There wouldn't be many, if any, to carry on! MAD is the term.

Regards, RAB

The fact that the Vice President of USA is right now with the ministry of foriegn affairs shows that this is no small fish.

http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/ud/press/News/2009/pm_icemelting.html?id=588525

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2009/dec/16/al-gore-copenhagen-climate

No one is denying that the earth goes through changes..it is the rate at which these changes are happening..and that our influence in this is is undeniable...and the ramifications of such rapid changes to our planet.

To deny that humans are exacerbating this change is naivety.
Of course we are.
The way of modern living is conducive to it.
We cannot continue raping the planet.
Yes we will emit carbon, but yes we can also ofset it.
I'm sorry bt the world wasn't exactly designed to fathom in worldwide industry and pollution.

The fact that the Vice President of USA is right now with the ministry of foriegn affairs shows that this is no small fish.

http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/ud/press/News/2009/pm_icemelting.html?id=588525

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2009/dec/16/al-gore-copenhagen-climate

Except your links talk about Al Gore, an ex- vice president, a person with one of the largest carbon footprints on the planet, and a Norwegian, an insignificant player on the world stage in climate terms.

The genie is out of the bottle, until you get the likes of China to immediately commence massive de-industrialisation and get 300 million Americans to learn the use of their legs then any talks are just hot air.

Yes we will emit carbon, but yes we can also ofset it.

Only in a make believe world full of fluffy pink bunnies

Care to make a stab at guessing who the biggest beneficiaries of carbon trading in the UK and Europe are?

I'll give you a clue it's not the planet, and it's certainly not any fluffy pink bunnies.

:puke:climate change
:puke:americans
:puke:al gore
:puke:carbon trading
:puke:environmentalists
:puke:greenpeace
:puke:friends of the earth
:puke:politicians
:puke:wasteful 'recycling'
:puke:4x4's

etc

On the way back from from some hospital test's today I called in to check some of my hives had not gone over at a local farm,The farmer came out and chatted to me for an hour.
My feet can assure you the ice age has already arrived.

On the way back from from some hospital test's today I called in to check some of my hives had not gone over at a local farm,The farmer came out and chatted to me for an hour.
My feet can assure you the ice age has already arrived.
:laughing-smiley-004
lol

duly signed!
Great shame the Exxon-funded lobbying that climate change isn't happening/isn't man-made is being believed by some amongst us! :svengo:

You could equally state Government (tax) driven lobbying that man made climate change does exist!

I will (and have many times) clearly stated my “relationship” as I have the (fortunate or unfortunate) pleasure of working and have worked for many of the companies that are suggested to be blamed for this (in the same way I have worked for ago’s ref bees), but does that colour my views? I am sure you have your own views.

Just because some of us do not believe that climate change is not man made, does not mean that we are not “green”. I suspect my “carbon foot print” is lower than most, and in the work I do, “carbon” saved = money saved, so I can and have had a major impact in world carbon reduction, more so than “them lot” sat round a table in Copenhagen.

I rather chuckled at post #2. One moment it is nothing to do with man; next but one line it is patently being blamed on man.

I disagree with post#3 - it is all of mankind which is likely exacerbating any climate change and we should not be polluting at all. We in Britain have a rather large carbon footprint even if only a quarter(?) of the US residents.

Post #10, while, IMO, a bit too committed to spreading the gospel according to St Brosville, is unfortunately right on the button regarding the lobbyists, and yes, there are far to many who either don't really comprehend the recent climate changes or want to stick their heads in the sand, or want to remain a nimby.

We live in a country which cannot feed the population without chemicals galore, where our honey bees cannot survive without outside help. That is just part of the legacy we leave for our children's children and their offspring. Copenhagen is only likely to address a small part of the problem, if it is successful.

RAB

Is climate change happening? Yes. Is it man made? NO

Biggest issue is population. Reduce population, reduce energy usage and demand for resources.

I rather chuckled at post #2. One moment it is nothing to do with man; next but one line it is patently being blamed on man.

RAB

If you bother to read it properly, YES I state climate change in my view has nothing to do with man, but the a bigger issue is population, that has nothing to do with climate change, more related to simple over sponging of benefits from some people.

Which you cleary state as an issue, to many childrens children!

We live in a country which cannot feed the population That is just part of the legacy we leave for our children's children and their offspring.

RAB
I suppose in you past life you where climatogist or something similar? or maybe president of a small country?

Last edited:
An unbeliever

duly signed!
Great shame the Exxon-funded lobbying that climate change isn't happening/isn't man-made is being believed by some amongst us! :svengo:

well i am an un- believer

and unlike Al Gore and the one eyed Scotsman, i have BSc 1st class honours in physics and meteorology Imperial College 1968 MSci solar Physics Birkbeck 1979, my last scientific paper: affects of Co2 concentrations on plants growth and uptakes of gases via root ,Rothampstead Agricultural Experimental Station, Harpendon Herts ( also why i like Bees)
Due to the need to eat and earn a crust I am now a surveyor with TfL ( london underground) and have been out of scientific academic scene for 30 years but my interpretation of the work of recent solar physicist is that we are in for 30 years of cold and the magnetic field of the sun has dropped to is lowest for 113 years, the solar wind dropped to an all time low and cosmic rays therefore have increase cloud cover by cloud seeding. Have you seen that on the BBC

.we will soon know a the decline in magnetic resonance started in earnest 4 years ago and this is the first winter that the lag in temperature to magnetic lowering catches up ...so in my opinion at least a further 4 years of cold. Reference Livingston & pen, Mount Wilson observatory Magnetic Measurements of Solar activity of the sun. the next few years will be as cold as the 1940s and if I am correct further decline by up to minus 3 degrees below normal over 30 years or more if the sun goes into maunder minimum and we get a year without a summer about 2032

Last edited:
Hi MM

What you write sounds like the 2012 theory?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbEI8pDz0A

i have BSc 1st class honours in physics and meteorology Imperial College 1968 MSci solar Physics Birkbeck 1979, my last scientific paper: affects of Co2 concentrations on plants growth and uptakes of gases via root ,Rothampstead Agricultural Experimental Station, Harpendon Herts (

Get ready for the reply.....

Last edited:
ho hum............ this'll all be nonsense then - made up by those leftie bedwetters at the FT - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bc1e7a1e-e463-11de-a0ea-00144feab49a.html - and as I've said on other forums innumerable times, even if it were all a nonsense made up by Mr Monbiot, it matters not a jot if it's warming, cooling, or doing a rhumba, it is but one of the horsemen of our collective apocalypse hurtling towards us with ever increasing speed..........:svengo:
Population is the biggie- not opinion, simple arithmetical fact - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RdOk521m9WA
-then there's the acidifying, fished-out seas, the filthy air- the innate fertility and ecosystem of the land ruined by years of chemical "farming"..........
There's just too many people, doing too much stuff............ stupidly
So as I said, matters not a lot about the minutiae, we're in deep doodoo, and we have about 7 years left in which we could save life on the planet - beyond that, as Will Self puts it "we're toast"

ho hum............ this'll all be nonsense then - made up by those leftie bedwetters at the FT - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bc1e7a1e-e463-11de-a0ea-00144feab49a.html - and as I've said on other forums innumerable times, even if it were all a nonsense made up by Mr Monbiot, it matters not a jot if it's warming, cooling, or doing a rhumba, it is but one of the horsemen of our collective apocalypse hurtling towards us with ever increasing speed..........:svengo:
Population is the biggie- not opinion, simple arithmetical fact - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RdOk521m9WA
-then there's the acidifying, fished-out seas, the filthy air- the innate fertility and ecosystem of the land ruined by years of chemical "farming"..........
There's just too many people, doing too much stuff............ stupidly
So as I said, matters not a lot about the minutiae, we're in deep doodoo, and we have about 7 years left in which we could save life on the planet - beyond that, as Will Self puts it "we're toast"

ok explain to me HOW co2 causes AGW, the rest of your statement i agree with

Latest posts

Back