Contryfile today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBRNoTB

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
7: 1 KTBH . 3 14x12 , 1 Long fondationless 14x12 + 2 Nat +some empty ones :(
Small section on the programme today about research into Neo-nicotinoids,all about the coating of rape seed. They interviewed a Bayer:puke: spokesperson who gave out the usual weasel words of 'Its not our fault Guv'

even worse is the Defra guy agreed with him.

seemed very balanced in its reporting though even though at the end he did say it seems like the UK gov will not ban these products.

DEFRA, the NFU and HM Gov all act as if they were a subsidiary of Big Ag following decades of "undue influence" - there's not a snowball in hell's chance of it being banned with these clowns in power!

The Bayer guy would not give a straight answer to the question "do pesticides harm bees "

No Need !!!
Insecticides kill insects !!!
Bees are insects !!!
VM

That'll be arch weasel Julian "porky teller" Little!

just like a politician doesn't answer a straight question

At the end of the last bit about bees Adam Henson said, its a catch 22 situation, without pollinators we lose 30% of our food, without pesticides we lose 30% of our crops. (may have used the words bees and neonicitinoids).

No mention of the different crops/foods involved. Lack of pollinators means almost no choice of foods, even less as time goes on and things are not pollinated, less/different pesticides would mean 30% less of the crops that they are used on. Generally 'filler' food as opposed to what keeps us healthy.

oops! missed the 1st part yesterday, just watched bee bits again on iplayer, wasnt Adam, apologies Adam, it was Tom.

DEFRA, the NFU and HM Gov all act as if they were a subsidiary of Big Ag following decades of "undue influence" - there's not a snowball in hell's chance of it being banned with these clowns in power!

So, by way of an example to all those (particularly new bees who don't know how to go about publicising this cause), tell us what you are doing to change the status quo. How did you vote in last week's elections? When did you lost lobby your MP and how do you normally go about it?

There were no local elections, and I have regularly bombarded my odious buffoon of an MP (Charles Hendry) with countless emails on several subjects dear to my heart, in reply to which I receive stock answers written by some goon with a master's degree in weasellese, and on one occasion received a reply to the wrong question.......
Apart from that I give talks on (more) natural beekeeping, and am a proud member of the Natural Beekeeping Network, and last year videoed some of the talks at the conference (which are now online) - I also run a renewable energy and sustainability forum. In my spare time I keep some bees, chooks and a vegetable garden (think globally, act locally!), and regularly post on this and other bee fora (and regularly harass assorted government ministers and ministry eejits)

How would I vote? - last election I voted Lib Dem in the vain hope they'd actually gain power - sadly I'm in the heart of true blue Tory Sussex, so my vote is going to make diddly squat difference - at least I'm consistent, I loathe the present government just as much as the last one..........

One of the few ways we as the public can make a difference is to tell the truth about the system (I try!), and to try to "live the life", treading lightly upon the planet - we wield enormous power as consumers, unfortunately we don't use it enough - as many people have said, "every forkful of food is a political statement"

Latest posts

Back