Contact feeder with Abelo crownboard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
l have removed remains of fondant on one hive but still need to feed a bit as less than 2 frames of stores, although there is also some nectar.
I use contact feeders. My question concerns how to configure the Abelo 5 hole crownboard. The four corner holes are closed with both polystyrene and plastic mesh discs in place, leaving just the centre hole open but l still have the mesh disc in place, at the base of the crownboard. Having inverted the contact feeder on to the top of the crownboard,l don't think the bees can get to the syrup because of the depth of the crownboard. Do l need to.remove the plastic mesh altogether? (Oh, have l answered my own question??)

l have removed remains of fondant on one hive but still need to feed a bit as less than 2 frames of stores, although there is also some nectar.
I use contact feeders. My question concerns how to configure the Abelo 5 hole crownboard. The four corner holes are closed with both polystyrene and plastic mesh discs in place, leaving just the centre hole open but l still have the mesh disc in place, at the base of the crownboard. Having inverted the contact feeder on to the top of the crownboard,l don't think the bees can get to the syrup because of the depth of the crownboard. Do l need to.remove the plastic mesh altogether? (Oh, have l answered my own question??)
Looks like it😀

Latest posts

Back