Conducting a pole?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learner

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Having read several of the forums threads I still havent decided what hive to go for tbh,nat,lang,poly lang,wbc,etc etc. So I wondered if people would just respond with their choice for a begginer no explanation required unless you want to no arguments needed just one hive name per post would be good and I may get a majority.

So no colaborating or trying to fix the winner by getting all your mates to phone in.;)

Defiantly Langstroth

Regards;

Depends IMHO

If you know nothing or on a training course now have a look at :-Hives.pdf - Hopefully a helpful guide so give you an idea of what sorts of hives are being used in the UK.

I started with Nationals and then modified them to Deep Nationals and then started Top Bar hives. See - TBH.pdf

Langstroth poly.

Thanks all was a tbh leaner its still the contender, but seriously looking at poly lang as a price possibility 100 pounds for a decent amount of hive parts all the same size which seems good idea ie Rose hive and others + my design for a locking system suits that shape.

oops thats broken my own criteria 40+ posts there:blush5:

I started up about 5 years ago with nationals.

I wish I'd gone for something bigger now and I haven't got the funds to change all my eqipment. That said national parts are always much more plentiful and cheaper at auctions

Cedar Langstroth, soon to trial Poly Langstroth.

I did try Jumbo Langstroth but found the frames extremely heavy and with short lugs not easy to be smooth during manipulations.

Cedar Commercial - Northernsoul, have you considered commercial? all your Nat supers will fit and they are easy (relatively) to make just 4 bits of wood

Latest posts

Back