Computer beekeeping records

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Does anyone have any pc charts they use if so any chance of a copy. excel or word would be good.

Hi veg , I found a free pc apiary record keeping program, which you can print off record cards to fill in during inspections then copy the data onto your computer later. If your interested pm me and i will send you the details.:cheers2:

I'm working on an Access Hive Inspection Database at the moment. It's currently designed in Access 2007 but I should be able to compile a stand alone version for those who don't have Access/office on a PC at home.

I'm in the process of putting some basic forms together to make it useable but first version should record information relating to:

Apiaries
  • Name
  • Location/address
Hives
  • Hive type (National etc)
  • ID
  • Apiary
Queen
  • Year
  • Hive
  • Marked
  • Mark Colour
  • Clipped
  • Active
  • Comments
Inspections
  • Date
  • Brood indicators (yes/no at the moment for eggs,larvae,capped brood)
  • Number of Brood Frames
  • Number of Stores frames
  • Queen Seen
  • Queen Cells Seen
  • Mite Count
  • Action log allowing multiple actions such as Feed added, treatment(s) added, supers placed etc to be recorded against each inspection. actions are user customisable.
  • Hive Temprament
  • Comments

I'm a way off even having a useable demo version ready, but if people are interested in testing it out once I have the initial test forms done in exchange for providing some feedback please let me know.

I know I'm probably re-inventing the wheel here, but it's a good excuse to get back to fiddling around with Access (as a self employed DBA/Data Analyst)

At the moment as a newbie, I've taken examples of hive inspection cards from BeeCraft, Ted Hooper's and other books and used those as my templates so I'd be more than happy if someone with a bit more experience wants to have a play and suggest things that would be useful but aren't in there yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back