commercial hives users

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thurrock bees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
Im thinking of moving from nationals to either 14x12 or commercial brood boxes. Are there anybody who has a commercial setup that i could ''play with'' i.e. allow me to do a inspection .
Im in Grays, Essex but im willing to travel a few miles to meet up.:driving:

Hi all
Im thinking of moving from nationals to either 14x12 or commercial brood boxes. Are there anybody who has a commercial setup that i could ''play with'' i.e. allow me to do a inspection .

I've got 4 commercial broods in use, they are a doddle to use with a set of hoffman frames. It may be a bit far up the A12, though. if you fancy a day at the sea-side........................ ;)

Stick with the nationals, the short lugs on commercials will drive you mad, they did me so I went 14x12 but also run national double brood

commercial hives.

Hi all

Would you like to borrow a couple of commercial hives.
They have frames but no foundation.

I live in Gravesend, Kent.

You'll not go far wrong with commercials, they have plenty of brood space, and can be used with national bits and pieces: floors, excluders, crown boards, feeders and such like.

When I used to live in Essex, between Southend and Chelmsford, I used to run about 12 commercials.

old thread didn't realise when posting. doh.

Latest posts

Back