Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

GingerNut 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I would like to suggest we have a place where commercial bee products can be advertised for free so that forum users can find them all in one place.

I would suggest that only one ad per calendar month per business be allowed.

And that businesses be asked to 'be reasonable'.

The forum rules could be amended to give Admin the right to ban a business from advertising if they are not playing the game.

It would be nice for us all to get 'heads up' on special offers etc :cheers2:

Yours Roy

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I think the Omlet Hive is good recent example.

Omlet have approached several beekeepers to test out their hives.

Feed back (warts and all) is been left with no comiitments, just the truth

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Why a special forum Jim manages to get plugs in all over the place :sifone::sifone::sifone:

GingerNut 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
thanks but no thanks

if i want to hear about products i want the voice to be on of us and we can then get warts an all refferances
But that's the point of having them is a seperate place................if you don't want to see them, don't look.

I'm sure there are others like me who want to see what's for sale and special offers etc.

It took three months on this forum before I found out that Hivemaker & Rosti were selling stuiff :( And stuff I was interested in :( I would have liked to know that earlier.

Yours Roy

ribblesbees 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
1 + 20 or so solitary bees' nests
:iagree:

Just to add more ideas to the discussion, what about including, or having separately a Wanted Thread, such as glass jars, mated queens, hive parts etc.

bee-smillie

GingerNut 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
So whats this section below for,.............for sale/wanted.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=36
The forum rules say -

"DO NOT TRY TO ADVERTISE HERE, WE ARE COMMERCIAL FREE

We do NOT allow Commercial Advertising,We strongly believe that our forums shall always be FREE of commercials, we do not promote any Google ads, Beekeeping Supply Companies, etc.. There is a difference if you are asked about a product and reply because you have used it and either like it or don't "compared to" bragging about how wonderful a product is and then we find out you work for the company who makes or sells it. Just use common sense here, your endorsement of such a product is advertising and again advertising is NOT allowed.
Do not post links if asked to do so by a company-other forum member,our software can detect this and you will risk a ban of your account.
If you have a product to sell and beekeeping is not your main business but a hobby you may advertise your items,if you are unsure then it may be best to contact admin before submitting your advert.
Adverts may be removed at any time by admin and the decision will be final."

Seems pretty clear to me :cheers2:

Yours Roy

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
Why not compete with E-Bay?

With ref to a special Beekeepers section for flogging their wares; No thank you.

Oh by the way does anyone want some second hand microscopic slides?

Regards;

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
I have just read the announcement from Admin and I have a couple of questions.

Who are "we" when talking about overseeing matters?

Is there a committee?
Are there moderators?
Do you as Admin bounce off any members for advice?
You say this is a Family Forum, so would you bee so kind enough to explain to me just who makes the decisions concerning this forum?

Thank you

Regards;

Last edited:

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Gingernut,i was answering Ribblesbee's post, and i'm sure your not going to get commercial advertisers wanting 2 queen bee's,glass jars,second hand crown boards ect.

admin 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I have just read the announcement from Admin and I have a couple of questions.

Who are "we" when talking about overseeing matters?

Is there a committee?
Are there moderators?
You say this is a Family Forum, so would you bee so kind enough to explain to me just who makes the decisions concerning this forum?

Thank you

Regards;
The "We" is any member of the forum,the forum is self regulated by its members.

Committee !!!!
No there is not,the last thing we need is a committee,I think Beekeeping has more than enough committee's around for anyone who feels the need to answer to one.

moderators ?

Yes we have one main moderator,that’s me,and around 1200 secondary mods.

Yes I do,I get around 20 telephone calls and hundreds of pm's a week from members,I ask their advice on different aspects of the forum and anything that we could change for the better I then make a post to ask for members comments.

We also have a forum for feedback if anyone wants to bounce a new idea,or a pm facility for any member who wants to contact me with an idea off the forum.

I make the main decisions after putting it out to the members.
On occasion I may just make a decision myself if I feel it's in the best interest of the forum,but any member is able to challenge my decision openly on the forum.

I can understand that the way the forum is run may be a little frightening to some members who are more used to rules and regs being set in stone but it has worked so far.

If anyone wants a rule book they are very welcome to write one up and offer it to members to consider.

Personaly I think its the lack of Moderator's and committee's that has made this forum such a special place to visit.

Maybe I have got it wrong ?

VEG 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
Admin you have got it just right. :cheers2:
I for one dont want a rule book. This forum runs very well the way it is.

If anyone is looking to buy something just ask, someone will answer.

Last edited:

Somerford 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
national
I totally agree !

The "We" is any member of the forum,the forum is self regulated by its members.

Committee !!!!
No there is not,the last thing we need is a committee,I think Beekeeping has more than enough committee's around for anyone who feels the need to answer to one.

moderators ?

Yes we have one main moderator,that’s me,and around 1200 secondary mods.

Yes I do,I get around 20 telephone calls and hundreds of pm's a week from members,I ask their advice on different aspects of the forum and anything that we could change for the better I then make a post to ask for members comments.

We also have a forum for feedback if anyone wants to bounce a new idea,or a pm facility for any member who wants to contact me with an idea off the forum.

I make the main decisions after putting it out to the members.
On occasion I may just make a decision myself if I feel it's in the best interest of the forum,but any member is able to challenge my decision openly on the forum.

I can understand that the way the forum is run may be a little frightening to some members who are more used to rules and regs being set in stone but it has worked so far.

If anyone wants a rule book they are very welcome to write one up and offer it to members to consider.

Personaly I think its the lack of Moderator's and committee's that has made this forum such a special place to visit.

Maybe I have got it wrong ?
:iagree:

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
Hi Admin,

Thank you for such an in depth reply.

No you have not got it wrong.

I agree with all that has gone before and all that is to come with your good self overseeing matters.

I think I was a little confused when the wording "we" was written and thought (wrongly) that there may be mods.

Please accept my apology for interpreting the written word incorrectly.

Regards;

hedgerow pete 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
national
my late father used to have problems with we as in singular and we as in plural.

ie we will go and do the hard work together son ,,,singular
we will go to the cake shop and we can buy a cake each,, plural

there used to be alot of singular we's when there was hard work about

Latest posts