Come and see my pics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
Just posted my first album.....not sure how to post it on the actual forum though. I hope I get a few visitors. First of many with luck :)

Well done they look ok

Best if you stick with the suit I dont know who suggested letting people look into the hives without one but its not in my opinion to be recommended.

Its not a good look getting chased by a bee trying to sting you in the eye.

Good look

Thanks Tom, don't worry, you will catch me nowhere near a hive without a suit within this lifetime ;) These bees are on an allotment where people come to do a course. They just get on with their business, but just to be sure I'll stick with the suit :p

please see my comments attached to your photo's, you happen to be the most senesible one there .

Mo

You wouldn't catch me peering into an open hive with no protection!
It's not responsible or in anyway 'brave'.
One sting and they'll get blood lust!
On their heads be it.

Thanks everyone. You are all so welcoming. Were any of you this afraid when you started? I think I might start a thread asking people how they got into bee keeping and if they were afraid to begin with :)

Afraid is good,it can lead to respect,something you always need around a hive of bees.

Absolutely.

Enough fear to keep you sensible and concentrating.

Not enough fear to stop you getting involved with the bees.

FG

:iagree:
Well done they look ok

Best if you stick with the suit I don't know who suggested letting people look into the hives without one but its not in my opinion to be recommended.

Its not a good look getting chased by a bee trying to sting you in the eye.

Good look

I checked my hives yesterday and one hive really didn't want me 'fiddling' about with them. After going through them I walked back (20m) to my van and took my suit off only to have two very cross bees still with me.....One managed to sting me in the throat which up until a few months ago would have caused me real problems but it seems that my immunity to stings is now such that I only get a very local reaction. I had my Epipen at the ready though, just in case!

'Bee safe wear full kit'

Enough fear to keep you sensible and concentrating.
Not enough fear to stop you getting involved with the bees. FG

Well, that just about sums me up, for some reason I thought experienced bee keepers would mock me for my fear, but this hasn't been the case :)

We dont mock here,we often tease but we dont mock..:sifone:
Now moaning is a different matter,we are very good at that,but can also have a good laugh at times.
We were all new to beekeeping once.

I don't mind a bit of teasing ;) and I do enjoy a good long moan lol, seems I'm in the right place. I should fit right in :)

Latest posts

Back