Combined hives.... What now?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I store my super frames after extraction wet and wrapped in a sheet of newspaper. two frames per half a broadsheet I then store them in an old non-working freezer just beacause they are free and folk are keen to get rid of them. I am also lucky to have picked up one (cosmetic disaster) which works so a 48 hour blast at -18C to zap wax moths. The final bonus is the freezers are mouse proof and as they are stored wet the bees love getting into them the following spring. Supers are sterilised (poly hives) or scorched (wood) so you have to empty them anyway.

I store my super frames after extraction wet and wrapped in a sheet of newspaper. two frames per half a broadsheet I then store them in an old non-working freezer just beacause they are free and folk are keen to get rid of them. I am also lucky to have picked up one (cosmetic disaster) which works so a 48 hour blast at -18C to zap wax moths. The final bonus is the freezers are mouse proof and as they are stored wet the bees love getting into them the following spring. Supers are sterilised (poly hives) or scorched (wood) so you have to empty them anyway.
Thank you, this seems like a simple option while deciding on getting a freezer

Latest posts

Back