Comb honey in jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel2

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Hi

Have I missed a trick? With the problems I had earlier in the year extracting my first honey crop this looks like the answer!!!

Sorry can't post a link as I have not yet passed 10 posts! but it come from a site called pyrenees honey .com

Organic honeycomb that is made by the bees in the jar.

We have a few jars, about 22 of some of Antonio’s raw organic honeycomb. This is fairly unique as far as the bees actually make the honeycomb in the jars. Antonio puts the jars in the hive with a little honey in them. This encourages the bees to build honeycomb, which they make in the jars. Then Antonio seals the honeycomb in the jars.

This is probably the best form of honey. It has all the natural benefits – pollen, wax, propolis, live enzymes (like the one that produces a mild form of the antiseptic hydrogen peroxide), antioxidants and all the naturla minerals and vitamins that occur in honey.

Because of the way that this honeycomb is produced it is very expensive, but unlike most honeycomb that is for sale it is pure. Most honeycomb in the supermarkets is placed in pasteurised honey, usually of a different type than the honey in the comb.

Any thoughts?

Happy New Year to all

Nigel

Hi

Have I missed a trick? With the problems I had earlier in the year extracting my first honey crop this looks like the answer!!!

Sorry can't post a link as I have not yet passed 10 posts! but it come from a site called pyrenees honey .com

Organic honeycomb that is made by the bees in the jar.

We have a few jars, about 22 of some of Antonio’s raw organic honeycomb. This is fairly unique as far as the bees actually make the honeycomb in the jars. Antonio puts the jars in the hive with a little honey in them. This encourages the bees to build honeycomb, which they make in the jars. Then Antonio seals the honeycomb in the jars.

This is probably the best form of honey. It has all the natural benefits – pollen, wax, propolis, live enzymes (like the one that produces a mild form of the antiseptic hydrogen peroxide), antioxidants and all the naturla minerals and vitamins that occur in honey.

Because of the way that this honeycomb is produced it is very expensive, but unlike most honeycomb that is for sale it is pure. Most honeycomb in the supermarkets is placed in pasteurised honey, usually of a different type than the honey in the comb.

Any thoughts?

Happy New Year to all

Nigel
This is often done as a novelty :)
More trouble than what it's worth is my take on this !
I suppose if access to a market where expense is no problem ,then maybe but generally speaking , I'd advise having a go for the fun of it only :D
VM

Its an idea of great antiquity. Not easy to get a decent harvest, hence it was long ago abandoned.

Wild comb built inside bell jars placed over a large hole in the crown board, or with a starter strip or two fixed inside to get them going. Needs colonies which are actually overcrowded and desperate for space, plus a good flow.

did a bell jar in the 70s, looked great but no practical use! I wish I had a picture of it.

Latest posts

Back