Any users here, opinions please.

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
30 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.
I don’t use my comb cutter. Like @Erichalfbee i use a sharp knife and a sponge scouring pad as a template, the type that’s cheap at Tesco. No waste. Just sold my comb cutter at auction, cost me £20 & I got £15 back 😊
I only got a fiver for the one I sold at the auction! 😢

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
One of Prof David Evans recent blog posts was around having a declutter-that was one of my own winter projects that was postponed due to despair at where to begin.
Yes I read that too & decided to go through the shed. Actually though, not much I wanted to part with! Might come in useful one day! 🤣

This is what I parted with:
-Pratley tray, bought at auction on impulse 3 years ago and never used (got £25)
-Comb cutter new (I won another at a conference so that will go next year!) £15
-Handful of plastic runner (bought at auction again on impulse never used, prefer metal) £1
-Mouseguards x2 (bought in my first year before I realised my WBCs and polyhives don’t need them) didn’t sell & don’t want them back
-Plastic feeder, unusual design, part of a lot I was given by a beekeeper giving up, never used £1
-Yates Study guide Modules 5,6,7,8. Accidentally bought 2 copies by accident & better books around so have hardly used it

So my haul from my small clear out was £43.

Worldsend 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Old chap I knew used open corned beef tin as his cutter

Michael Palmer 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
I had a tin knocker make me this copper comb honey cutter. Has four sections and is heated by a clothes iron. After using it for half a season, I had issues...getting the comb honey squares to drop out of the cutter sections. Now I use it to mark the cut lines. I cut with sharp serrated knifes that are in hot water.

Attachments