colony removal/beek builder? bodmin cornwall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Ok this is only very vague at the moment as I have very little details, however one of my husbands customers has a colony of bees in his roof, this hasnt been a problem over the years however work now needs to be done and builder is refusing to go near it. I dont know yet what the work is but is there anyone out there who maybe does general building work and happy to work around bees or someone interested in removal from the roof of property? sounds like it would be tiles off and felt to cut and knowing the customer this will not be a problem and cherry picker would I imagine be provided.

As always with these problems they want it done asap!! Location is just off the A30 past Bodmin Cornwall.

My hubby is a pestie but has refused point blank to destroy colony, he has done them in the past and finds it totally sickening so has refused as the colony has been there a while and is not doing any harm.

Contact your local club. If a beekeeper can be persuaded, then they may, just possibly be able to be saved as this is the wrong time of year for moving bees. They could try and remove combs, then wire them into frames.

Good access would be needed.

Adam

Latest posts

Back