Coldingham/Eyemouth Area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoFraser

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Just starting out
Hi all,

I am a newbee (excuse the pun!) and wonder if anyone on here is around the Coldingham/Eyemouth area?

We have a swarm here that my bee keeper friend in Dumfries has been a massive help and sending me stuff recorded delivery overnight to help me try and get them into a nuke for starting a hive but I wondered if anyone local to my area would also be willing to give a helping had as you would be close by?

thank you

Leo

Welcome Leo. While somebody steps up how can we help here. What’s the situation?

thank you, I have stuff I need coming from my friend by 10 am tomorrow so have to set it up to try and attract them in from the chimney they are currently in and then deal with them moving to my paddock (on site) and settle them in. Just worried I don’t do it correctly and don’t want to harm them.
I am trying to quickly work my way through beekeeping for dummies.
It was always my plan to keep bees but thought it would be bit more controlled than them turning up looking for a home and me needing to help them.

Do you mean you have a colony living in your chimney or a swarm that’s recently moved in?
In either case it won’t be easy to remove them.
You might be able to attract a swarm from them but removing them will entail some degree of demolition I’m afraid.

Do you mean you have a colony living in your chimney or a swarm that’s recently moved in?
In either case it won’t be easy to remove them.
You might be able to attract a swarm from them but removing them will entail some degree of demolition I’m afraid.
Yes a swarm has recently moved into the castle chimney (I’m property next door) they are trying to get through a vent in one of the apartments so we think if we open that and a window we might be able to get the queen from that room to a nuke placed on the grass outside?

The bees will have started establishing the colony and won’t leave unless they are physically removed.
Join the Facebook group I’ve linked. Some body there will be able to give you advice.

Thanks I have just requested to join :)

Latest posts

Back