co-op plan bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexbigshow

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
has anyone else applied to the co op plan bee scheme? i emailed them and yesterday i received 32 packs of wildflower seeds i don't know if this is normal or just because we run a community allotment but i could replant hayf a't town wi this amount of seeds

Yes, I signed up to 'Plan bee' when it first appeared and strongly questioned some of their policies. I did receive a reply (a generic one I think) but note that I have heard absolutely nothing from them since despite sending the odd email until I couldn't be bothered any more. Presume I've been struck off their list of 'friends'?

Yes, I signed up to 'Plan bee' when it first appeared and strongly questioned some of their policies. I did receive a reply (a generic one I think) but note that I have heard absolutely nothing from them since despite sending the odd email until I couldn't be bothered any more. Presume I've been struck off their list of 'friends'?

That sound familiar. Im also a dividend member as well and I dont receive any of the bumf they send other members I know I must of rely huffed them when I question plan bee.

i found this email address somewhere on their site [email protected] and the person in charge of the campaign, i gave them all the details of our community allotment (didn't send any proof of the allotments existence) and i gave them options i asked if the could provide any funding for beekeeping or gardening equipment or seeds, tight buggers went for the cheap option lol

sorry admin if i am not allowed to post the email address its just a direct route to the source, he/she contacted me back within a couple of days

I joined as well expecting some 'help' regarding split bags of sugar from local supermarkets and got the bums rush. They said they helped many local communities but couldn't help me. Tight gits. Won't bee shopping in their supermarkets.

I joined as well expecting some 'help' regarding split bags of sugar from local supermarkets and got the bums rush. They said they helped many local communities but couldn't help me. Tight gits. Won't bee shopping in their supermarkets.
bloody expensive supermarkets at that, co op seems to have the highest prices in our town

Hey don't knock the Co-op. :eek:
They do great projects for bee awareness, always there at Seedy Saturday/Sunday and gave us a £1000 grant towards a new out apiary. Then when I had a raffle project to organise for our Sussex annual bee market they sent me £60 vouchers to buy prizes.

Knock someone- knock Tesco - cannot get £5 from them these days!!

i'm not knockin the co ops charity work i'm knockin there prices, the campaign manager was very quick with a reply and said they were impressed with our project, i was expecting 4 or 5 packs of seeds but instead they sent me 32 packs i might av to turn the footy pitch over the road into a wildflower meadow

"i might av to turn the footy pitch over the road into a wildflower meadow"

time for a bit of guerilla gardening around local environs.

just have to hope council budget won't stretch to mowing verges before flowering is over.

As mentioned a couple of weeks back in a previous thread they sent me a total of 250 packs when I asked them for some to help me plant a couple of acres up for pollinators next year. 2 jiffy bags from 2 different ladies after I sent a couple of e mails.......... and the co op near me as just closed to become a Morrisons before Christmas......... HO HO HO:xmas-smiley-033:

"i might av to turn the footy pitch over the road into a wildflower meadow"

time for a bit of guerilla gardening around local environs.

just have to hope council budget won't stretch to mowing verges before flowering is over.
the footy pitch is owned by a miners welfare club but the council cut the grass and they say they are stopping cutting it soon also mi mam is the senior councillor in our town so i'll bend her ear lol

bloody expensive supermarkets at that, co op seems to have the highest prices in our town

Mmm. I suspect there are one or two S Yorks farmers who could tell you how other supermarkets treat their suppliers in order to achieve some of those prices. Co-Op at least aim not to behave that way, even if they may not always live up to their aspirations. Which of us does?

I've got friends who work in the dairy industry, and you'd be surprised at which supermarkets are the best / most prompt payers.

Latest posts

Back