closed entrance 5 days

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
This was a accident whilst moving BB arround . The hive stand was not ment for this hive and the landing board closed off the entrance :( i didn't notice at the time :(
How much damage would this of caused the bees in five days ?
There was a small cluster and flying bees on the front of the hive, and i'm not sure if they where getting in/out from under the landing board.
I sorted this out and moved on to another hive.
By the time i had given 1 other hive some sugar syrup there was lots of bees flying in front of the hive having a look :mad:

i then went to have a look for a while to see what my 2 other hive where up to so as to kill some time to see if things would settle down. By the time i had left it was sort of getting back to normal.

My other hives are very busy lots of pollen coming in , white and dark orange/ red colour.

Look inside and see if they are still alive. My guess is they would have been OK if they didn't overheat. Assuming you have wooden hives this may be the case.

Look inside and see if they are still alive. My guess is they would have been OK if they didn't overheat. Assuming you have wooden hives this may be the case.

depends pretty much on the weather while they were closed up. As RT says, take a look in. you may need to feed.

I took the roof off , as it's got a plastics CB it's a wooden hive also. i could see they where still alive.
They had lots of stores in there luckly, i didn't want to open them up that day as i didn't think they would be too happy.I will go and have a look tomorrow.
I hope alls well .

Latest posts

Back