clearing honey without warming cabinet?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gower

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
hi, can anyone advise as to the best way to clear the miniscule bubbles out of honey once put through a fine filter? I havent got a warming cabinet - but i have a very warm loft! should i leave the sealed bucket of honey there and allow the warmth - and patience - to clear before skimming off any bubbles/ froth before bottling? any other suggestions?

many thanks

Hi Gower what you need is a settling tank or container with a honey tap on the bottom

cheers Redwood

yep, thats what i've got it in at the mo, with tap at bottom. you reckon warm place and patience will do it?

cheers Redwood

yep, thats what i've got it in at the mo, with tap at bottom. you reckon warm place and patience will do it?

Are you showing it or selling it, if the latter then what youv'e got should be fine, no need to drag the stuff into the loft, i have the same setup and bottling it up this time of year shouldnt require any extra warmth, the bubbles will rise to the top in a few days.

With no heating how are you getting it through a fine mesh?

PH

not showing it, just selling locally. i removed the super and has it on the back of my car for 20 mins or so with a board below and above to prevent any sticky mess developing, then straight home to extract. it went through the fine sieve surprisingly quickly.

Back