Christmas lights.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I would like to apologies to any member in the uk who find their lights dip every 5 seconds this evening until the new year,my wife has managed to purchase and put up the whole uk stock of xmas lights,its like living in a department store grotto!

My electricity bill is going to go through the roof,I have offered the idea that I could fix a dynamo to her excersise bike and she could peddle until new year,its not been one of my better idea's though as she is now sulking..

Come on admin a picture paints a thousand words lol:cheers2:

I agree it has to be done,I will take one tonight when its dark..

Is it not a bit early to be putting up lights?

I saw some a week ago and if it keeps on like this Crimbo is going to start on the 26th of Dec.... it is getting a bit silly.

Our outside tree will be going up the 2nd week of December. The inside one probably a week later.

PH

Round here some put them up the day after bonfire night :confused:

Poly hive did you mean 26th Nov

We received our first Christmas card in OCTOBER:ack2:
Bah Humbug indeed.

:laughing-smiley-014
i expect it was a late delivery from last christmas by the Post office rather than this years card....we had no post in october due to the london postal strike

Nice one MM:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

I hear that some of those nice LED Christmas scenes have infra red LEDs in them that make the pictures a bit rude when viewed by a digital camera! :)
A throwaway idea for a bit of mischief :grouphug:

I was thinking along the lines of a single home-made beeswax candle on Christmas Eve, then taking a leaf out of Hancock's book, and retiring to bed early with my copy of "Bleak House":)

Who in their right mind would be silly enough to start the festive season now !!!!!!

I would like to apologies to any member in the uk who find their lights dip every 5 seconds this evening until the new year,my wife has managed to purchase and put up the whole uk stock of xmas lights,its like living in a department store grotto!

My electricity bill is going to go through the roof,I have offered the idea that I could fix a dynamo to her excersise bike and she could peddle until new year,its not been one of my better idea's though as she is now sulking..

lol i will try that and then duck for cover lol ha

I meant 26th December in that if they get any earlier they will be starting the day after the day.... sarcastic yes but it is getting utterly b***dy silly.

What next the New Year Sales starting in November? Bonfire night in June?

At least we winna have swarming in December... oops what just went past the window??

PH

Im still waiting for admins picture of his santas grotto. :cheers2:

My camera is ********

I keep telling her that the baby Jesus should not go in the manger until xmas day but she knows best..

Latest posts

Back