Chris Packham on BBC local radio

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brosville

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
Has yet again proved he's very much "one of the good guys" by being interviewed for my local radio station (Radio Sussex) on the present plight of bees - he gave a short, crisp and complete view designed for everyone to understand - full marks to the fella!
For anyone who wants to hear it, it was on around 9.50, and should eventually be available on iplayer during their "Digit" programme (which today is also featuring an excellent organic garden expert!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_sussex/

Chris Packham is stright to the point. Did not listen to it but it if it like is view on Pandas (i.e they should have been left to die out) then he is fine.

Has yet again proved he's very much "one of the good guys" by being interviewed for my local radio station (Radio Sussex) on the present plight of bees - he gave a short, crisp and complete view designed for everyone to understand - full marks to the fella!
For anyone who wants to hear it, it was on around 9.50, and should eventually be available on iplayer during their "Digit" programme (which today is also featuring an excellent organic garden expert!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_sussex/

as in he agrees with you :)

He gave probably the most succinct and accurate summation of the problems faced by all species of bees that I've yet heard, which I found refreshing after some years of "spokespersons for the chemical industry" being wheeled out whenever the subject of bees needs covering in the popular media.
As for those suffering an attack of disingenuousness, Chris Packham is the presenter of "Springwatch" who isn't Kate Humble.... , who is one of those people who is an utter anorak on his pet subject - wildlife, and like many with a passion, is a delight to watch/listen to, because he communicates it very well indeed- as I said, one of the good guys.....

for those who don't have/watch TV, it's excellent that he can now be accessed on the radio (and/or iplayer)..........

Same issue for me Brossy, time. I always get interrupted so have pretty much given up on tv/radio and read a book and or post on here.

PH

Latest posts

Back