choosing plants

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha. :) You'll be checking your deodorant next.

I suspect that when you started your thread, all hands were still to the pump trying to figure out how to recover from more than three weeks of pretty continual rain that was our summer this year.

So the secret has, in part, to do purely with the timing of your question. Today we are at the end of the season when most people have finished or are clearing up loose ends and not up to their necks chasing the red shift.

I got from your thread the neat statement from John Wilkinson regarding his bees and the improvements that they have made to the flora in their environment. Priceless (I haven't told John that yet). If you go to an environmentally friendly company looking for an out apiary opportunity then an observation of that caliber must be almost priceless, unless you are talking to an utter moron, in which case you are wasting your time anyway!

Meanwhile, I have scraped Heather's list of handy plants into a list and I will do some research to see what needs planted when, what they look like etc., etc, what will fit my own situation and pocket.

All very positive I believe. Thank you everyone from both threads. :cheers2:

Bee plants have bee my hobby over 40 years.

This Yogoslavian mullein Verbascum nigrum has bee one of the best in my garden. It has been to me 25 years. It is perennial. It is one plant in the picture.

tulikuk.jpg

tulikuk2.jpg

This another my favorit mullein Verbascum phlomoides is 2-year plant and it is 2,5-3 meter high.

If it has crossing with V. olympicum, those plants do not make seeds and they bloom 3 months.

V-blumosum.jpg

Latest posts

Back